With several teams in the NFL laying down and putting in their backups Sunday, the Vikings haven't been afforded that luxury vs. the Redskins.
But the Redskins have problems of their own. Not only have All-Pros Clinton Portis and LaVar Arrington been shut down for the season, but so has cornerback Fred Smoot.
Smoot has been listed as questionable much of the week, but, after a sub-par week of practice, was told to shut it down for the season.
While the Redskins as a team aren't going to lay down for the Vikings, it is promising to see that many of the few stud players will be on the sidelines.
* Portis had as many rushing yards this year as the Vikings team.
* The Vikings have passed on 70 percent of their offensive plays this year.
* Daunte Culpepper and Jermaine Wiggins, who were sent home from practice earlier this week with flu-like symptoms, were removed from the injury report.
* Darrion Scott has been splitting time at practice with Kenechi Udeze, who is slowed with a calf injury.
* All five Vikings running backs are expected to be on the active roster Sunday.
* Joe Gibbs is 7-0 all-time vs. the Vikings -- 4-0 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs.
* Terrance Shaw was fined $5,000 by the league for a facemask penalty on the Packers' Donald Driver.
Smoot Ruled Out
Viking Update Top Stories
VIDEO: Zimmer tired of talking about his eyeMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer wasn't in the mood to discuss his ailing eye anymore, wanting to keep the focus on correcting mistakes and trying to beat Jacksonville.
Viking Update3:52 PM
VIDEO: Bradford on offensive strugglesMinnesota Vikings QB Sam Bradford talks about getting Mike Zimmer back and the offensive problems that have plagued the team.
Viking Update3:45 PM
Zimmer takes blame for ‘undisciplined’ teamThe Minnesota Vikings have cited “undisciplined” mistakes and penalties for their recent losses, but who speaks up on offense when needed?
Viking Update3:31 PM
Smith remains Vikings’ biggest injury concernThe Minnesota Vikings are healthier after their extended weekend off, but one big injury looms.
Viking Update1:13 PM