GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) Daunte Culpepper's 68-yard touchdown pass to Moe Williams was the second-longest play in Vikings playoff history. Joe Kapp holds the record with a 75-yard touchdown to Gene Washington against Cleveland on Jan. 4, 1970.
2) Culpepper became the first Viking to have two 20-yard runs in a playoff game. His 27-yard run was the seventh-longest in team playoff history.
3) The Vikings set a franchise playoff record for the quickest score with Culpepper's pass to Williams one minute, 40 seconds into the game. The previous best came 2:39 into a playoff game against Washington on Dec. 18, 1976.
4) The Vikings set a team playoff record for most points scored in the first quarter with their 17-point output.
5) The Vikings tied a franchise record with four interceptions in a playoff game, only the third time in history they've done that.
6) Randy Moss set a team record for most touchdowns in a career in Vikings playoff history. He has nine, breaking Cris Carter's mark of eight.
7) Culpepper's four touchdown passes tied a team record. Jeff George also had four against St. Louis on Jan. 16, 2000.
8) Culpepper's passer rating for 137.1 is a Vikings playoff record, surpassing his old mark of 120.6.
9) Culpepper's 54 rushing yards were the second-best by a Vikings QB in a playoff game. Joe Kapp holds the team record with 57 against Cleveland on Jan. 4, 1970.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Diggs appears on track to playThe Minnesota Vikings appear to be on track to get their leading receiver back for their Sunday matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Viking Update1:26 PM
VIDEO: Norv Turner on offensive successMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner talks about the success of Sam Bradford, the return of Taylor Heinicke and the variety of receivers on the team.
Viking Update11:25 AM
Edwards apologizes for ‘poor decision’Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator said his decision to drive above the legal blood-alcohol level was a “poor decision” and a “one-time deal.”
Viking Update10:24 AM
Eagles explain their side of Bradford tradeAny Vikings fan is familiar with the nuts and bolts of the Sam Bradford trade. On Wednesday, Eagles head coach Doug Pederson and quarterback Carson Wentz explained their version of…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:22 PM