There's no questioning Moe Williams' toughness. Nor is there any questioning his willingness to play a role on the Vikings.
But, as the Vikings prepare for their final full practice at Winter Park before heading to Philadelphia, the question of what his role will be has become the new question.
Williams didn't practice Thursday, wearing a protective boot on his injured right ankle, but coach Mike Tice said that he fully expects Williams to play Sunday despite the injury.
VU has been told his role will likely be limited to third-down and passing-down duty -- more to protect Daunte Culpepper from the anticipated blitzes coming from the Eagles.
The bigger loss will be on special teams, where Williams has been one of the few bright spots this year. But, as many have said over the past few days, a dinged up Williams is better than none at all.
* Randy Moss was completely unrepentant and unapologetic Thursday as it concerned his $10,000 fine. Following practice, Moss made a point to let the reporter asking about the fine know that he was rich and that the fine didn't make a difference -- adding that the next time he does a celebration, it may include the shaking of another body part other than his backside.
* Darrion Scott is expected to start in front of Kenechi Udeze, who some Vikings coaches believe has hit a wall after starting his entire rookie season.
* Lost in all the hoopla about Peyton Manning's record-breaking year was those of Sunday's QBs -- Daunte Culpepper and Donovan McNabb. Culpepper fell one TD short of being just the fourth player to top 40 touchdowns in a season, while McNabb became the first in league history to throw more than 30 touchdowns (31) and have less than 10 interceptions (8).
* Neither the Vikings nor Eagles had a 1,000-yard rusher, although Philly's Brian Westbrook had 812 yards rushing and 703 yards receiving.
* Terrell Owens missed the final two-and-a-half games of the season, but still had more receptions that the next three Eagles wide receivers -- Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell and Greg Lewis -- combined!
Tice Says Moe Will Play
Viking Update Top Stories
Pass protection fails Bradford, VikingsThe Minnesota Vikings still haven’t been able to solve their offensive line issues, a theme going back to last year, but Mike Zimmer and the players aren’t denying it. They have to…
Viking Update5:23 PM
Notebook: Bradford-Wentz duel fizzlesSunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles was supposed to be a marquee battle of quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz. Instead, it was a long day…
Viking Update3:39 PM
Vikings record-seekers vs. EaglesThe Minnesota Vikings’ loss was littered with mistakes, but a few players worked their way up in the franchise record book.
Viking Update3:14 PM
WATCH: Vikings vs. Eagles highlightsHighlights, or really lowlights for Minnesota Vikings fans, as they drop their first game of the season, 21-10, to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Viking Update2:57 PM