Message Board Etiquette
Welcome to Purple Thoughts, a message board dedicated to the passionately purple and the team they love, the Minnesota Vikings. We welcome fellow faithful, as well as rival fans, to drop in, relax and talk a lot of football.
In order to facilitate the free and respectful exchange of opinions about all things Vikings and all things football, the following board etiquette should be observed. PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY. If you ever have a question about why a post was removed, please consult this list. This board is monitored by a team of unpaid moderators and administrators. This "purple posse" is responsible for keeping this message board fun, informative and clean. If a visitor reads an offensive post while a moderator is not logged in, users are encouraged to e-mail an alert to one or all of the moderators/administrators. We expressly reserve the right to deny authorization to any person at any time, for any reason, as well as to delete in its entirety any post or link to material which we, in our sole discretion, deem to be offensive to the sensibilities of ordinary persons, or which might subject us to legal liability.
Registration is not currently required to post on Purple Thoughts, but we encourage you to do so. Registering lends credibility to your moniker and new users receive a warm welcome. It also insures that no one else can "impersonate" you or post a message using your moniker. EZ Board registration will not result in an inbox full of spam, and you only share as much, or as little, information as you want. But again, it isn't required.
1. Flaming: Posters will be expected to maintain basic courtesy toward the opinions of others. Please avoid flame wars or anything you KNOW will cause others to flame, aka "flame bait." We expect members to agree or disagree in a civil manner. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Bigotry: Posts containing racial, sexual, ethnic or religious slurs will be promptly deleted. Repeated posts with these slurs will be considered cause for banishment. Discrimination and/or bigotry will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.
3. Spamming: No spam (posts containing advertising) are allowed without the express permission of the publishers of the Message Boards. (Ask the board moderators for information. Their e-mail addresses are posted at the top of the message board.)
4. Offensive Language: The administrators of this board recognize it is populated by adults and will, therefore, tolerate the occasional use of profanity or slang words, but the use of profanity is discouraged. Continued use of profanity will be cause for deleting a message. Obscene language and/or graphics are not acceptable. If it can't be said or seen on network television, then don't put it into a post. The same rule applies to vulgar innuendoes and jokes.
5. Code: The use of HTML code (where allowed) in posts should be limited to football-related links. Please avoid lengthy "sig" files.
6. File Size: For performance reasons, please limit any graphics to which you post links to images 50K or less in size. If you're not sure, don't post it. This is a technically powerful board, but going overboard with graphics will limit the performance of the board and the willingness of users to read your posts in the future.
7. All Caps: Please refrain from posting using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Capital letters are great for emphasis, but it is annoying to read posts that are all caps.
8. HAVE FUN: Have fun talking about the Vikings and football. Different opinions about football-related topics are what this board thrives on, but let's be respectful.
For People Who Just Don't Get It: If you have nothing constructive to provide to said forum (determined by any of the board moderators), your posts can be removed without warning. If you continue to make posts that offend any group, you may be banned.