Acknowledging that he is a "fantasy football owner's nightmare," Mike Tice told the media assembled at Winter Park Wednesday that the Vikings will run a RB rotation with Michael Bennett and Mewelde Moore leading the way, followed by Moe Williams and Ciatrick Fason.
Tice, perhaps using more gamesmanship to prevent the Buccaneers for preparing for a single RB, said all of the running backs will get work -- although Bennett said he was on the assumption that he was starting and would see significant action.
It's yet another reversal in policy at RB, where Bennett was handed the starting job, but, when he went down with a neck injury, Tice not only counted him out of the final preseason game, but announced Moore would start.
Confused? Get used to it. It might go on the rest of the season this way at running back.
* From the Will They Ever Learn Department comes this: in a futile attempt to recreate the noise in the Metrodome, the Bucs have been piping artificial noise to prepare for the Metrodome crowd.
* Offensive lineman Anthony Herrera has been ruled out Sunday's game due to a staph infection.
* Koren Robinson was given No. 18. He isn't going to be active this week and may not be ready for the second game at Cincinnati.
* Robinson's first duty with the team will be a kick returner.
* TE Jim Kleinsasser was on the injury report as probable with groin issue. But he is expected to play.
The Committee Is Coming
Viking Update Top Stories
Shurmur has his focal point for offenseMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur his “focal point” for where the offense needs to improve in 2017.
Viking Update2:38 PM
Shurmur sees critical offseason for TreadwellMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur believes 2017 will be a “very critical” offseason for seldom-used receiver Laquon Treadwell.
Viking Update9:29 AM
Centers and tight ends: Any Minny interest?The Minnesota Vikings may not have immediate needs at center or tight end, but free agency could get them thinking outside the organization for help.
Viking Update4:25 AM
Combine Research: Tight Ends (Part 1)Whose leg injury was so severe that amputation was considered? Who enjoys jokes about his name? And who wasn't allowed to take a white girl to prom? Those answers and more as we…
Packer ReportYesterday at 6:04 PM
VIDEO: Best fits for Adrian PetersonThe NFL Network crew discusses some less-talked-about fits for Adrian Peterson if he is not with the Minnesota Vikings, but there could be an issue with him fitting in with a much…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:25 PM