Acknowledging that he is a "fantasy football owner's nightmare," Mike Tice told the media assembled at Winter Park Wednesday that the Vikings will run a RB rotation with Michael Bennett and Mewelde Moore leading the way, followed by Moe Williams and Ciatrick Fason.
Tice, perhaps using more gamesmanship to prevent the Buccaneers for preparing for a single RB, said all of the running backs will get work -- although Bennett said he was on the assumption that he was starting and would see significant action.
It's yet another reversal in policy at RB, where Bennett was handed the starting job, but, when he went down with a neck injury, Tice not only counted him out of the final preseason game, but announced Moore would start.
Confused? Get used to it. It might go on the rest of the season this way at running back.
* From the Will They Ever Learn Department comes this: in a futile attempt to recreate the noise in the Metrodome, the Bucs have been piping artificial noise to prepare for the Metrodome crowd.
* Offensive lineman Anthony Herrera has been ruled out Sunday's game due to a staph infection.
* Koren Robinson was given No. 18. He isn't going to be active this week and may not be ready for the second game at Cincinnati.
* Robinson's first duty with the team will be a kick returner.
* TE Jim Kleinsasser was on the injury report as probable with groin issue. But he is expected to play.
The Committee Is Coming
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Planning for future has risksThe Minnesota Vikings have plenty of salary-cap space, but most of that is likely to be allocated for extensions.
Viking Update7:48 AM
Youth movement?Are the Minnesota Vikings looking to get younger in a hurry? The lack of older outside veterans brought in is silently speaking volumes.
Viking Update6:49 AM
Holler: You think you've got pain?When it comes to painful sports losses, there's something about 'Sconny and nobody has lived out that nightmare more than the Packers. What kind of pain would you rather have?
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:08 AM
Peterson responds to report on asking priceAdrian Peterson responded to a report about his asking price in free agency, but it’s still not clear what his asking price really is.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:11 AM