It wasn't long ago that Mike Tice was talking about Michael Bennett in terms of a 1,600-yard rushing season. Following a brutal start to the season, it looks as though Bennett might be benched -- or at least reduced in his role -- in favor of Mewelde Moore.
The Vikings have stayed mum about their RB plans, but Bennett has clearly become frustrated with the Vikings' lack of commitment to him. Moore was effective when he got his chance to start last year, setting a team record for most yards in a three-game span by a Vikings RB.
Will the move be permanent? Considering that the Vikings are 15-32 with Bennett as the starting RB, there is reason to believe that if the team wins with Moore as their main guy, anything is possible.
* Don't be surprised to see both Troy Williamson and Koren Robinson have a larger role in the offense this week to stretch the field and keep teams from crowding the box.
* The Vikings are 16-7 vs. the Saints all time, including wins in the last four games at the Metrodome.
* Mike Tice is 2-0 as a head coach vs. the Saints, while Jim Haslett is 1-3 vs. the Vikes.
* Daunte Culpepper's 41.6 passer rating is the lowest in the NFL.
* The Vikings are nearly 10 minutes behind in time of possession through two games, holding the ball for just 25:23, while allowing their opponents to have it for 34:37.
* The Vikings have rushed just 29 times this year, while their opponents have 70 rushing attempts.
* The Vikings have more first downs via penalty (8) than rushing (6).
Moore to Get Chance
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings will look at ‘all options’ to improveComing off a loss that Mike Zimmer termed “embarrassing,” a 21-10 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles, the Minnesota Vikings will look at all options to rectify the situation.
Viking Update2:42 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer: 'This is a gut-check day'Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer recapped the first loss of the season by pointing out "several dumb things" he found to be uncharacteristic of his team.
Viking Update1:06 PM
Counting snaps: Vikings vs. EaglesDespite a “soft” performance on the offensive line, according to coach Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings seemed interested in getting a rotation going there.
Viking Update6:23 AM
Holler: R-E-L-A-XMike Zimmer wasn't kind in his assessment of the Minnesota Vikings Sunday following their humbling 21-10 loss to Philadelphia, but it isn't as though the season is going down the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:11 PM