GAME NOTES vs. FALCONS
1) This marked only the fifth time in 45 seasons that the Vikings played the Saints and Falcons in consecutive weeks. The Vikings have won eight of the 10 games. However, both of the losses came at the hands of the Falcons in the last two Saints-Falcons occurrences (2005, 1981).
2) Daunte Culpepper was sacked nine times against Atlanta, the most since Archie Manning was sacked 11 times 21 years ago in a game against Chicago. Three times during his scrambling career, Fran Tarkenton was sacked nine times (Oct. 11, 1964; Sept. 23, 1962 and Dec. 17, 1961).
3) Troy Williamson became only the fifth Vikings rookie to have two consecutive weeks with a receiving touchdown, and the first since Randy Moss in 1998. The other three were Hassan Jones (1986), Sammy White (1976) and Paul Flatley (1963).
4) In 45 seasons, the Vikings have only started 1-3 three times, the last time in 1990. Here are the worst starts in team history after four games:
1T) 0-4 in 2002 (finishing 6-10)
1T) 0-4 in 1967 (finishing 3-8-3)
1T) 0-4 in 1962 (finishing 2-11-1)
4) 0-3-1 in 1966 (finishing 4-9-1)
5T) 1-3 in 2005
5T) 1-3 in 1990 (finishing 6-10)
5T) 1-3 in 1961 (finishing 3-11)
Record-Seekers vs. Falcons
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings will look at ‘all options’ to improveComing off a loss that Mike Zimmer termed “embarrassing,” a 21-10 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles, the Minnesota Vikings will look at all options to rectify the situation.
Viking Update2:42 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer: 'This is a gut-check day'Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer recapped the first loss of the season by pointing out "several dumb things" he found to be uncharacteristic of his team.
Viking Update1:06 PM
Counting snaps: Vikings vs. EaglesDespite a “soft” performance on the offensive line, according to coach Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings seemed interested in getting a rotation going there.
Viking Update6:23 AM
Holler: R-E-L-A-XMike Zimmer wasn't kind in his assessment of the Minnesota Vikings Sunday following their humbling 21-10 loss to Philadelphia, but it isn't as though the season is going down the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:11 PM