GAME NOTES vs. PACKERS
1) Paul Edinger set a team and personal best with his 56-yard field goal. The previous best for the Vikings was a 54-yarder by Jan Stenerud against Atlanta in 1984, and Edinger's previous best was from 53 yards, doing it last with the Vikings in the 2005 season opener against Tampa Bay.
2) Daunte Culpepper is only the 11th quarterback in league history to reach 20,000 yards in his first seven seasons, joining the likes of Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Drew Bledsoe, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Brett Favre, Jim Everett, Boomer Esiason, John Elway and Ken O'Brien.
3) Culpepper's two touchdowns move him into the NFL's top 10 for most thrown (135) in the first seven seasons. He surpassed Warren Moon's 134 and moves into ninth place. Fran Tarkenton's 142 are right in front of Culpepper.
4) Chris Liwienski started his 70th consecutive game, moving past David Dixon and into second place among Vikings guards.
5) The Vikings sold out their 79th consecutive game with an attendance of 64,278.
6) Culpepper started his 79th game this decade, moving him past Tarkenton's 78 starts in the 1960s and into third place for most starts in a decade. Tommy Kramer, who attended this game, holds the Vikings record with 94 starts in the 1980s, followed by Tarkenton's 93 in the 1970s.
7) With six receptions, Jermaine Wiggins has a career total of 103, setting a team record by reaching the century mark in 20 games. Rickey Young caught 100 passes in 21 games, and Randy Moss needed 22. Wiggins is in sixth place in Vikings history among tight ends.
8) Koren Robinson's 72-yard kickoff return was his career longest and the team's longest of the season. Robinson had 147 yards on five returns, the first time he has exceeded 100 yards in returns.
9) The Vikings' 17-point comeback win was the fifth biggest comeback in team history. The last time the Vikings won a game after trailing 17-0 was against Dallas in 1999, when they won 27-17.
10) Mewelde Moore scored his first career touchdown with a 14-yard reception in the fourth quarter.
Record-Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Cutler’s back, drawing angry Vikings defenseThe Bears announced Monday that, in the midst of Chicago’s World Series frenzy, local goat Jay Cutler will be making his return to playing action. How will it go? The Minnesota…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:02 PM
Notebook: Problems extended beyond pass proThe Minnesota Vikings had obvious problems with pass protection, but there are other areas head coach Mike Zimmer is addressing, too.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:41 PM
Vikings will look at ‘all options’ to improveComing off a loss that Mike Zimmer termed “embarrassing,” a 21-10 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles, the Minnesota Vikings will look at all options to rectify the situation.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:42 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer: 'This is a gut-check day'Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer recapped the first loss of the season by pointing out "several dumb things" he found to be uncharacteristic of his team.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:06 PM