GAME NOTES vs. PANTHERS
1) Jermaine Wiggins' 36 yards receiving makes him the 10th tight end in team history to reach 1,000 yards. In front of him at number nine is Bob Tucker with 1,045 and number eight is Byron Chamberlain with 1,055. Wiggins has 1,000 yards even.
2) Wiggins' three receptions give him a career total of 106 receptions, which moves him past Ahmad Rashad's 104 for most receptions in first two seasons as a Viking. Wiggins now ranks fourth.
3) Koren Robinson's 80 kickoff return yards give him a season total of 504, which sets a team record for the most yards after the first seven games, surpassing Eddie Payton's 494, set in 1980.
4) Brad Johnson threw his first touchdown pass as a Vikings QB since Dec. 20, 1998 vs. Jacksonville. It was his 144th career TD pass.
5) Steve Smith became only the second Vikings opponent to reach the 200-yard mark in receiving with his 201 yards. Jerry Rice holds the Vikings opponent record of 289 on Dec. 18, 1995.
Record-Seekers vs. Panthers
Viking Update Top Stories
NFC North a M*A*S*H* unitThe Minnesota Vikings have been hit harder by injuries than any playoff contender this year, but Green Bay and Chicago aren't far behind.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:26 PM
Do-or-die time for VikingsIt has taken a lot of losing to acknowledge, but Minnesota Vikings players are finally admitting their margin for error is gone.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:06 AM
Fan forum: Evaluating the front officeAs injuries pile up and the Minnesota Vikings are making their mark, positive and negative, we wondered what fans attending a recent Vikings game thought of the performance of the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:22 AM
Defense mostly overrode Locke’s strugglesJeff Locke had his worst game of the season against the team with the NFL’s best record, but the Minnesota Vikings defense did what it could to overcome it.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:54 AM
Cowboys blitzed and bruised BradfordThe Minnesota Vikings wanted to take their shots deep and did. But Sam Bradford also took his shots to the body from a blitz-heavy Cowboys defense. The numbers and reaction inside.
Viking UpdateFriday at 1:15 PM