GAME NOTES vs. PANTHERS
1) Jermaine Wiggins' 36 yards receiving makes him the 10th tight end in team history to reach 1,000 yards. In front of him at number nine is Bob Tucker with 1,045 and number eight is Byron Chamberlain with 1,055. Wiggins has 1,000 yards even.
2) Wiggins' three receptions give him a career total of 106 receptions, which moves him past Ahmad Rashad's 104 for most receptions in first two seasons as a Viking. Wiggins now ranks fourth.
3) Koren Robinson's 80 kickoff return yards give him a season total of 504, which sets a team record for the most yards after the first seven games, surpassing Eddie Payton's 494, set in 1980.
4) Brad Johnson threw his first touchdown pass as a Vikings QB since Dec. 20, 1998 vs. Jacksonville. It was his 144th career TD pass.
5) Steve Smith became only the second Vikings opponent to reach the 200-yard mark in receiving with his 201 yards. Jerry Rice holds the Vikings opponent record of 289 on Dec. 18, 1995.
Record-Seekers vs. Panthers
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings near bottom in cap carryoverWith four teams sporting more than $20 million available to carry over in salary-cap space, the Minnesota Vikings are one of five teams with less than $1 million available in that…
Scout NFL Network10:01 AM
Too many factors in Thielen not getting 1,000Adam Thielen obviously wanted to get to 1,000 yards. But he was only targeted once in the season finale and still took that in stride.
Viking Update7:53 AM
How good is Vikings’ front seven?The analytics site Pro Football Focus has ranked the 2016 defensive front sevens, with the Minnesota Vikings ranking sixth as a unit.
Viking Update4:29 AM
NFL’s important offseason datesFrom all-star games to free agency to the draft to the start of the preseason, the key dates for the NFL offseason.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:45 AM
Berger has much to consider before he’s backMinnesota Vikings center Joe Berger says he has a lot to think about and discuss before he returns for a 13th NFL season.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:43 AM