GAME NOTES vs. PANTHERS
1) Jermaine Wiggins' 36 yards receiving makes him the 10th tight end in team history to reach 1,000 yards. In front of him at number nine is Bob Tucker with 1,045 and number eight is Byron Chamberlain with 1,055. Wiggins has 1,000 yards even.
2) Wiggins' three receptions give him a career total of 106 receptions, which moves him past Ahmad Rashad's 104 for most receptions in first two seasons as a Viking. Wiggins now ranks fourth.
3) Koren Robinson's 80 kickoff return yards give him a season total of 504, which sets a team record for the most yards after the first seven games, surpassing Eddie Payton's 494, set in 1980.
4) Brad Johnson threw his first touchdown pass as a Vikings QB since Dec. 20, 1998 vs. Jacksonville. It was his 144th career TD pass.
5) Steve Smith became only the second Vikings opponent to reach the 200-yard mark in receiving with his 201 yards. Jerry Rice holds the Vikings opponent record of 289 on Dec. 18, 1995.
Record-Seekers vs. Panthers
Viking Update Top Stories
VIDEO: Best fits for Adrian PetersonThe NFL Network crew discusses some less-talked-about fits for Adrian Peterson if he is not with the Minnesota Vikings, but there could be an issue with him fitting in with a much…
Viking Update1:25 PM
Sunday slant: WR holds free-agent intrigueThe Minnesota Vikings have more pressing positions to solve in free agency than wide receiver, but there are interesting and altering decisions ahead at the position.
Viking Update6:30 AM
Why should fans expect Peterson to stay?Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson sent out a cryptic tweet about the New York Giants’ recent roster moves, but those who would be surprised if he ends up somewhere else don't…
Viking Update5:14 AM
Podcast: A.P.’s best landing spots and moreAdrian Peterson seems to be sending out indications of where he would like to play, but what teams are the best fits? Plus, roster moves, their meaning and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:26 AM