GAME NOTES vs. PANTHERS
1) Jermaine Wiggins' 36 yards receiving makes him the 10th tight end in team history to reach 1,000 yards. In front of him at number nine is Bob Tucker with 1,045 and number eight is Byron Chamberlain with 1,055. Wiggins has 1,000 yards even.
2) Wiggins' three receptions give him a career total of 106 receptions, which moves him past Ahmad Rashad's 104 for most receptions in first two seasons as a Viking. Wiggins now ranks fourth.
3) Koren Robinson's 80 kickoff return yards give him a season total of 504, which sets a team record for the most yards after the first seven games, surpassing Eddie Payton's 494, set in 1980.
4) Brad Johnson threw his first touchdown pass as a Vikings QB since Dec. 20, 1998 vs. Jacksonville. It was his 144th career TD pass.
5) Steve Smith became only the second Vikings opponent to reach the 200-yard mark in receiving with his 201 yards. Jerry Rice holds the Vikings opponent record of 289 on Dec. 18, 1995.
Record-Seekers vs. Panthers
Viking Update Top Stories
Mayock on Vikings’ ‘splash’ decisionWithout a first-round pick, what does NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock expect from the Minnesota Vikings’ second-round pick?
Viking Update12:36 PM
Former Vikings tackle calls it a careerThe Minnesota Vikings didn’t have Jake Long for long last year, but the Vikings will go down as the offensive tackle’s last NFL team.
Viking Update9:54 AM
In-depth NFL draft analysis: SafetiesOne of the best safety classes in some time could see two of them chosen in the top 10 and many more in the first two days. Is it worth a shot for the Minnesota Vikings? We assess…
Viking Update7:29 AM
2017 VIKINGS DRAFT GUIDEInformation on the Minnesota Vikings' 2017 draft, from where they pick to position analysis, links to stories, mock drafts and more.
Viking Update4:35 AM