GAME NOTES vs. PANTHERS
1) Jermaine Wiggins' 36 yards receiving makes him the 10th tight end in team history to reach 1,000 yards. In front of him at number nine is Bob Tucker with 1,045 and number eight is Byron Chamberlain with 1,055. Wiggins has 1,000 yards even.
2) Wiggins' three receptions give him a career total of 106 receptions, which moves him past Ahmad Rashad's 104 for most receptions in first two seasons as a Viking. Wiggins now ranks fourth.
3) Koren Robinson's 80 kickoff return yards give him a season total of 504, which sets a team record for the most yards after the first seven games, surpassing Eddie Payton's 494, set in 1980.
4) Brad Johnson threw his first touchdown pass as a Vikings QB since Dec. 20, 1998 vs. Jacksonville. It was his 144th career TD pass.
5) Steve Smith became only the second Vikings opponent to reach the 200-yard mark in receiving with his 201 yards. Jerry Rice holds the Vikings opponent record of 289 on Dec. 18, 1995.
Record-Seekers vs. Panthers
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Planning for future has risksThe Minnesota Vikings have plenty of salary-cap space, but most of that is likely to be allocated for extensions.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:48 AM
Youth movement?Are the Minnesota Vikings looking to get younger in a hurry? The lack of older outside veterans brought in is silently speaking volumes.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:49 AM
Holler: You think you've got pain?When it comes to painful sports losses, there's something about 'Sconny and nobody has lived out that nightmare more than the Packers. What kind of pain would you rather have?
Viking UpdateSaturday at 8:08 AM
Peterson responds to report on asking priceAdrian Peterson responded to a report about his asking price in free agency, but it’s still not clear what his asking price really is.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 7:11 AM