GAME NOTES vs. LIONS
1) Brad Johnson started his 100th career game, 24th as a Vikings quarterback.
2) Johnson won his 59th career game, which moves him past Hall of Famer Otto Graham's career wins. Johnson now ranks 56th in NFL history for career wins in games started. Sid Luckman (1939-50) and Milt Plum (1957-69) are directly in front of Johnson on that list.
3) Lance Johnstone's two quarterback sacks give him a Vikings career total of 38, which moves him past Gary Larsen's 37 and into the top 10 in team history. Mark Mullaney (41.5 sacks) and Keith Millard (53) are directly in front of Johnstone on the franchise list. Johnstone has 67 sacks in his NFL career.
4) Michael Bennett's 106 yards rushing moves him past Terry Allen and into fourth place in team history. Bennett now has 2,878 rushing yards.
5) Bennett had his ninth career 100-yard game, moving him past Bill Brown and into third place in team history. Chuck Foreman (1973-79) had 17 and Robert Smith (1993-2000) had 29.
6) Ciatrick Fason scored his first NFL touchdown on a 3-yard run. It was only his second career attempt, tying him for fifth place among Vikings for fewest rushing attempts to score a touchdown.
Record-Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
When good rumors go badAt his Wednesday press conference, Seattle coach Pete Carroll answered a question pertaining to the health issues the Seahawks are having at offensive tackle and, as part of his…
Viking Update4:53 AM
Harrison Smith: No reason for changeThe Minnesota Vikings’ perfect season hit a brick wall Sunday at Philadelphia, but safety Harrison Smith said the panic on the outside of Winter Park isn't being shared on the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:44 PM
Munnerlyn likes Cutler’s risk-taking waysCaptain Munnerlyn likened Jay Cutler to Brett Favre, calling him a “gunslinger,” but Cutler was at his best when he conformed last year.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:32 AM
Did Vikings have bounty system?In a new book released recently, the claim is made that the Minnesota Vikings had a bounty system in place at the same time the Saints were eventually swept up in the Bountygate…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:25 AM
Fusco: O-line problems correctableAs players and coaches watched film of Sunday's loss to Philadelphia, more than a few them got an uneasy feeling. Not because the Eagles dominated them as much as it appeared, but…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:15 AM