The Vikings have always done a good job of replacing injured starters with capable replacements. When Fred Smoot went down, Brian Williams stepped up his game. When Daunte Culpepper was injured, Brad Johnson stepped in. The same was true Sunday when All-Pro Kevin Williams went down with a knee injury. Rookie C.J. Mosley got the call and delivered -- tying for the team lead with seven tackles Sunday. But the Vikings are hoping it will only be a one-week wonder.
Williams described a "looseness" in his right knee after the game and is scheduled for an MRI today. His status for Sunday's game with the Lions is very much in doubt, as could be the short-term future.
The Vikings will know more today -- most likely when Mike Tice conducts his press conference this afternoon. VU will follow up on this story, but at this point, there are a lot of players and coaches keeping their fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
* Despite being listed as probable on the injury report, Troy Williamson was inactive Sunday. The same scenario played itself out last Monday when Nate Burleson was listed as probable and then de-activated before gametime.
* Speaking of Burleson, he didn't have a reception Sunday.
* Koren Robinson got his first start as a Viking on Sunday.
* The Vikings have a new, very large cheerleader. Anthony Herrera displayed his touchdown celebration dance when the Vikings scored their touchdowns Sunday -- a high knee-kicking dance that started from the line of scrimmage and continued all the way to the bench.
* Browns running back Reuben Droughns acknowledged Pat Williams' performance Sunday. Williams had given the Browns some bulletin board material by saying he wasn't concerned about Droughns, rather that Droughns should be concerned about him. The Vikings limited Droughns to no touchdowns and only two carries of 10 yards or more.
* Fred Smoot could be back for Sunday's game at Detroit.
* The Vikings had their first perfect November since 1999.
* The Vikings had seven penalties Sunday -- five of which were called on rookie Marcus Johnson.
Williams To Get MRI Today
Viking Update Top Stories
Diggs reaching rare Vikings airStefon Diggs is on pace for a couple milestones that haven’t been reached by a Minnesota Vikings receiver in this decade.
Viking Update3:05 PM
First half is doom and gloom for JaguarsThe Jacksonville Jaguars are too good to be 2-10, but, despite a talented roster, early struggles have been their undoing all season.
Viking Update8:38 AM
Preview: Jags loaded with talent, turnoversThe Jacksonville Jaguars should be better than their record indicates, but turnovers have been the Jaguars’ undoing.
Viking Update7:59 AM
Podcast: The odds on A.P., playoffsWill Adrian Peterson make it back and should he, and what are the odds the Minnesota Vikings make the playoffs?
Viking Update7:01 AM