GAME NOTES vs. DETROIT
1) The Vikings have now won 58 games (58-29-2) against the Lions, the most over any opponent, including eight straight and 12 of the past 13 games over Detroit. The Vikings have swept the series 19 times in 23 seasons, with the Lions beating the Vikings twice in a season only four times. The two clubs have split the series the remaining 22 seasons.
2) Brad Johnson's 80-yard touchdown pass to Koren Robinson was the quarterback's second-longest pass in his career. An 82-yard TD passes to Jake Reed in 1996 is Johnson's career best. The 80-yarder to Robinson tied for the seventh-longest in team history.
3) Michael Bennett's 79 yards rushing move him past Bill Brown's 2,942 and into fifth place for most yards rushing in a player's first five seasons with the Vikings. Robert Smith (3,095 from 1993-97) and Tommy Mason (3,017 from 1961-65) lead the list.
4) Johnson set a team record for fewest starts needed to reach 20 wins as a Vikings quarterback. He needed 28 games as a starter in his eight years of service to the Vikings. Wade Wilson (32 starts from 1981-89), Warren Moon (34 from 1994-96) and Joe Kapp (35 from 1967-69) round out the top four.
5) Johnson won his 63rd career game that he started, which moves him into 51st place in NFL history, surpassing Jay Schroeder and Danny White's 62 career wins.
Record-Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
Ham won’t be a ‘nervous rookie’ anymoreWith Adrian Peterson and Matt Asiata still free agents, C.J. Ham knows he has a bigger opportunity in front of him after a season of listening and learning.
Viking Update9:47 AM
Is draft key to 2017 rebound?The Minnesota Vikings have plugged some holes in free agency, but will the draft be the focus of restocking the shelves? If so, what shelf gets stocked first?
Viking Update5:12 AM
Newly signed Murray has surgeryLatavius Murray, the Minnesota Vikings’ replacement for Adrian Peterson had surgery, the team announced Wednesday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:03 PM
Podcast: Free agents, Zimmer’s words and moreWe analyze what the Minnesota Vikings have done, and not done, in free agency, talk team chemistry and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:03 AM
Zimmer talks state of the VikingsMike Zimmer made an appearance on KFAN Tuesday and got hit with questions from all sides about the state of his Minnesota Vikings.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:59 AM