GAME NOTES vs. DETROIT
1) The Vikings have now won 58 games (58-29-2) against the Lions, the most over any opponent, including eight straight and 12 of the past 13 games over Detroit. The Vikings have swept the series 19 times in 23 seasons, with the Lions beating the Vikings twice in a season only four times. The two clubs have split the series the remaining 22 seasons.
2) Brad Johnson's 80-yard touchdown pass to Koren Robinson was the quarterback's second-longest pass in his career. An 82-yard TD passes to Jake Reed in 1996 is Johnson's career best. The 80-yarder to Robinson tied for the seventh-longest in team history.
3) Michael Bennett's 79 yards rushing move him past Bill Brown's 2,942 and into fifth place for most yards rushing in a player's first five seasons with the Vikings. Robert Smith (3,095 from 1993-97) and Tommy Mason (3,017 from 1961-65) lead the list.
4) Johnson set a team record for fewest starts needed to reach 20 wins as a Vikings quarterback. He needed 28 games as a starter in his eight years of service to the Vikings. Wade Wilson (32 starts from 1981-89), Warren Moon (34 from 1994-96) and Joe Kapp (35 from 1967-69) round out the top four.
5) Johnson won his 63rd career game that he started, which moves him into 51st place in NFL history, surpassing Jay Schroeder and Danny White's 62 career wins.
Record-Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
Preview: Vikings facing aggressive EaglesThe Minnesota Vikings’ continued success on Sunday will be predicated on their ability to handle and exploit the aggressiveness of the Philadelphia Eagles.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:26 PM
Roads wins becoming a Vikings trademarkSince 2009, few teams struggled as badly as the Minnesota Vikings when it came to winning on the road. Since their 2015 bye week to their 2016 bye week, nobody has been better.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:20 PM
Key matchup: Former teammates face offOnly time will tell who got the better of the Sam Bradford trade to the Minnesota Vikings, but he and Carson Wentz will face each other Sunday after the trade that surprised them…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:06 AM
Vikings podcast: Spielman, Bradford and moreThe Minnesota Vikings are showing the fruits of some solid roster building and coaching. Their record, their stats and their depth prove it, as a talk with Rick Spielman showed.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:17 AM