GAME NOTES vs. DETROIT
1) The Vikings have now won 58 games (58-29-2) against the Lions, the most over any opponent, including eight straight and 12 of the past 13 games over Detroit. The Vikings have swept the series 19 times in 23 seasons, with the Lions beating the Vikings twice in a season only four times. The two clubs have split the series the remaining 22 seasons.
2) Brad Johnson's 80-yard touchdown pass to Koren Robinson was the quarterback's second-longest pass in his career. An 82-yard TD passes to Jake Reed in 1996 is Johnson's career best. The 80-yarder to Robinson tied for the seventh-longest in team history.
3) Michael Bennett's 79 yards rushing move him past Bill Brown's 2,942 and into fifth place for most yards rushing in a player's first five seasons with the Vikings. Robert Smith (3,095 from 1993-97) and Tommy Mason (3,017 from 1961-65) lead the list.
4) Johnson set a team record for fewest starts needed to reach 20 wins as a Vikings quarterback. He needed 28 games as a starter in his eight years of service to the Vikings. Wade Wilson (32 starts from 1981-89), Warren Moon (34 from 1994-96) and Joe Kapp (35 from 1967-69) round out the top four.
5) Johnson won his 63rd career game that he started, which moves him into 51st place in NFL history, surpassing Jay Schroeder and Danny White's 62 career wins.
Record-Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
Scott Turner signs with MichiganMichigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has ruffled feathers since arriving in Ann Arbor. His hiring of Scott Turner may be the latest preemptive move.
Viking Update4:06 AM
Shurmur has his focal point for offenseMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur his “focal point” for where the offense needs to improve in 2017.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:38 PM
Shurmur sees critical offseason for TreadwellMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur believes 2017 will be a “very critical” offseason for seldom-used receiver Laquon Treadwell.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:29 AM
Centers and tight ends: Any Minny interest?The Minnesota Vikings may not have immediate needs at center or tight end, but free agency could get them thinking outside the organization for help.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:25 AM