GAME NOTES vs. RAMS
1) With his 13-yard end around run in the first quarter, Koren Robinson becomes only the fourth wide receiver in team history to score a rushing touchdown and the first since Anthony Carter in 1992. Carter also had one in 1991.
2) Robinson tied a team record for fewest games needed to reach 1,000 kickoff return yards, tying Buster Rhymes' 21-year-old record from 1985. They each used 13 games to get there. Eddie Payton needed 14 games in 1980. Robinson, who now has 1,064 kickoff return yards, becomes the seventh player in team history to reach 1,000 yards in a season, joining Rhymes (1985), Payton (1980), David Palmer (1998), Jimmy Edwards (1979), Qadry Ismail (1995) and Nate Jacquet (2001).
3) Michael Bennett's 70 yards rushing moved him past Tommy Mason's 3,017 and into fourth place for most yards rushing in the first five seasons. Bennett is the eighth Viking to reach 3,000 yards, trailing Chuck Foreman (4,915), Ted Brown (3,517) and Robert Smith (3,095).
4) Jim Kleinsasser's 11 yards receiving moved him past John Beasley's 1,242 and into fifth place in team history among tight ends. Kleinsasser has 1,252 yards.
5) The Vikings are now 14-2-2 against the Rams at home.
Record-Seekers vs. Rams
Viking Update Top Stories
Podcast: Moss returned, Zimmer refreshedViking Update publisher Tim Yotter and Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan talk about Randy Moss, Mike Zimmer, Sam Bradford vs. Teddy Bridgewater, and MVP odds.
Viking Update8:38 AM
Jones knows his role, unlike in Green BayDatone Jones never found his calling in Green Bay, making position switch after position switch. Now with the Minnesota Vikings, the former first-round pick is excited to get a…
Viking Update7:16 AM
Murray: I’m getting the ballLatavius Murray has fallen behind Minnesota Vikings rookie Dalvin Cook while the veteran recovers from surgery, but Murray is not backing away from taking a job he believes is his.
Viking Update4:03 AM
Vikings join growing trend with campThe Minnesota Vikings join a growing trend of having NFL rookies report to training camp before veterans.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:35 PM