GAME NOTES vs. RAMS
1) With his 13-yard end around run in the first quarter, Koren Robinson becomes only the fourth wide receiver in team history to score a rushing touchdown and the first since Anthony Carter in 1992. Carter also had one in 1991.
2) Robinson tied a team record for fewest games needed to reach 1,000 kickoff return yards, tying Buster Rhymes' 21-year-old record from 1985. They each used 13 games to get there. Eddie Payton needed 14 games in 1980. Robinson, who now has 1,064 kickoff return yards, becomes the seventh player in team history to reach 1,000 yards in a season, joining Rhymes (1985), Payton (1980), David Palmer (1998), Jimmy Edwards (1979), Qadry Ismail (1995) and Nate Jacquet (2001).
3) Michael Bennett's 70 yards rushing moved him past Tommy Mason's 3,017 and into fourth place for most yards rushing in the first five seasons. Bennett is the eighth Viking to reach 3,000 yards, trailing Chuck Foreman (4,915), Ted Brown (3,517) and Robert Smith (3,095).
4) Jim Kleinsasser's 11 yards receiving moved him past John Beasley's 1,242 and into fifth place in team history among tight ends. Kleinsasser has 1,252 yards.
5) The Vikings are now 14-2-2 against the Rams at home.
Record-Seekers vs. Rams
Viking Update Top Stories
On Bridgewater: From torture to ticklingSeven months ago today, Teddy Bridgewater’s injury changed the Minnesota Vikings’ outlook. Mike Zimmer recalled the first day and recent days.
Viking Update1:50 PM
Vikings sign 3 from NFL’s veteran combineThe Minnesota Vikings are switching positions for a former offensive player after re-signing him on defense and adding two to the offense.
Viking Update10:31 AM
Vikings believe Murray has ‘the slither’Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer talked about the different ways the team’s newest running back, Latavius Murray, can help the offense.
Viking Update9:55 AM
NFL talks rules changes, safetyAt the annual spring owners meetings, Roger Goodell and Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay took questions on the state of the game.
Viking Update6:30 AM
New tackles tough, but pass-pro tough?The Minnesota Vikings signed two offensive tackles and Mike Zimmer has offered his thoughts on them several times this week.
Viking Update5:06 AM