GAME NOTES vs. RAMS
1) With his 13-yard end around run in the first quarter, Koren Robinson becomes only the fourth wide receiver in team history to score a rushing touchdown and the first since Anthony Carter in 1992. Carter also had one in 1991.
2) Robinson tied a team record for fewest games needed to reach 1,000 kickoff return yards, tying Buster Rhymes' 21-year-old record from 1985. They each used 13 games to get there. Eddie Payton needed 14 games in 1980. Robinson, who now has 1,064 kickoff return yards, becomes the seventh player in team history to reach 1,000 yards in a season, joining Rhymes (1985), Payton (1980), David Palmer (1998), Jimmy Edwards (1979), Qadry Ismail (1995) and Nate Jacquet (2001).
3) Michael Bennett's 70 yards rushing moved him past Tommy Mason's 3,017 and into fourth place for most yards rushing in the first five seasons. Bennett is the eighth Viking to reach 3,000 yards, trailing Chuck Foreman (4,915), Ted Brown (3,517) and Robert Smith (3,095).
4) Jim Kleinsasser's 11 yards receiving moved him past John Beasley's 1,242 and into fifth place in team history among tight ends. Kleinsasser has 1,252 yards.
5) The Vikings are now 14-2-2 against the Rams at home.
Record-Seekers vs. Rams
Viking Update Top Stories
Just Win (Four), BabyThe Minnesota Vikings need some help to make the playoffs. They didn't get much Sunday as Detroit and Tampa Bay improved their own postseason stock.
Viking Update5:52 AM
Sunday slant: Don’t blame BradfordSam Bradford has been getting criticism from some fans and observers, but a look at numerous analytics, and an overall view of the game, shows just how good he has been without…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:57 PM
NFC North a M*A*S*H* unitThe Minnesota Vikings have been hit harder by injuries than any playoff contender this year, but Green Bay and Chicago aren't far behind.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 9:26 PM
Do-or-die time for VikingsIt has taken a lot of losing to acknowledge, but Minnesota Vikings players are finally admitting their margin for error is gone.
Viking UpdateSaturday at 9:06 AM
Fan forum: Evaluating the front officeAs injuries pile up and the Minnesota Vikings are making their mark, positive and negative, we wondered what fans attending a recent Vikings game thought of the performance of the…
Viking UpdateSaturday at 6:22 AM