The Vikings head into Sunday's game with the Bears knowing that this will be the last game of the 2005 season. But it also could be the last game for head coach Mike Tice.
Tice has made his case that he believes the Vikings have shown enough improvement that he should be back with a new contract in 2006. But Wilf hasn't spoken on the subject for some time and VU has been told that he hasn't spoken with Tice or the coaching staff since Sunday's loss to the Ravens.
While many members of the media are calling Sunday's game meaningless -- a term Tice bristles at -- it could have a lot of meaning for Tice and his staff. A win would give the team a 9-7 record and Tice is hopeful that could be enough to save his job. We'll keep fans updated as the situations warrants, but one thing is certain -- for better or worse, Wilf will likely make his decision within the next week.
* E.J. Henderson was added to the injury report with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. He's listed as probable.
* Marcus Robinson missed a second practice with the flu, but is expected to be active Sunday to play his former Bears teammates.
* Darren Sharper has invited the other members of the Vikings secondary to join him in Hawaii at the Pro Bowl -- and Sharper will pick up their tab. He did the same thing when he was named to the Pro Bowl as a Packer. Corey Chavous isn't sure if he will join Sharper in Hawaii and Will Hunter has already declined with other plans.
* Kenechi Udeze has begun jogging on his surgically repaired knee and is expected to be ready for the team's May minicamps.
* Pat Williams will attend his father's funeral Saturday in Louisiana, but is expected to rejoin the team Saturday night and play Sunday.
Wilf Mum on Tice
Viking Update Top Stories
Show me the (Super Bowl) money!There is considerable debate as to the extent of the economic impact a Super Bowl has on a city, but much of the money the State of Minnesota invested in U.S. Bank Stadium will re…
Viking Update5:10 AM
Teammates call it strange if A.P. isn’t backTeammates of Adrian Peterson acknowledge it is a possibility that he won’t return to the Minnesota Vikings in 2017, but they say it would be strange without him and talk about his…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:17 AM
Report: Vikings to hire RBs coachThe Minnesota Vikings have reportedly hired a running backs coach and it may be working toward filling their quarterbacks-coach position.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:19 AM
(Not so) happy anniversaryTuesday is a day that any longtime Vikings fan will remember with a heavy heart. In its own way, it was tantamount to a death in the family - a grim reminder that not all…
Viking UpdateSunday at 10:37 PM