The Vikings head into Sunday's game with the Bears knowing that this will be the last game of the 2005 season. But it also could be the last game for head coach Mike Tice.
Tice has made his case that he believes the Vikings have shown enough improvement that he should be back with a new contract in 2006. But Wilf hasn't spoken on the subject for some time and VU has been told that he hasn't spoken with Tice or the coaching staff since Sunday's loss to the Ravens.
While many members of the media are calling Sunday's game meaningless -- a term Tice bristles at -- it could have a lot of meaning for Tice and his staff. A win would give the team a 9-7 record and Tice is hopeful that could be enough to save his job. We'll keep fans updated as the situations warrants, but one thing is certain -- for better or worse, Wilf will likely make his decision within the next week.
* E.J. Henderson was added to the injury report with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. He's listed as probable.
* Marcus Robinson missed a second practice with the flu, but is expected to be active Sunday to play his former Bears teammates.
* Darren Sharper has invited the other members of the Vikings secondary to join him in Hawaii at the Pro Bowl -- and Sharper will pick up their tab. He did the same thing when he was named to the Pro Bowl as a Packer. Corey Chavous isn't sure if he will join Sharper in Hawaii and Will Hunter has already declined with other plans.
* Kenechi Udeze has begun jogging on his surgically repaired knee and is expected to be ready for the team's May minicamps.
* Pat Williams will attend his father's funeral Saturday in Louisiana, but is expected to rejoin the team Saturday night and play Sunday.
Wilf Mum on Tice
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings testify of hard-throwing BridgewaterAlthough Teddy Bridgewater isn’t fully back from his knee injury, teammates and coaches like his arm strength.
Viking Update7:47 AM
Vikings defense in good handsNo Zim? No problem for Minnesota Vikings defense while the top dog recuperates.
Viking Update7:01 AM
Vikings nearing halfway point in signingsThe Minnesota Vikings are nearly halfway through signing their draft picks with a handful of contracts completed in 24 hours.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:29 AM
Zimmer: ‘This will not keep me from coaching’Whether he has one good eye or two, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer plans to return to the team soon.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:39 AM
Despite competition, Wright ‘a playmaker’Jarius Wright wasn’t happy with his role last season and there is more competition now. How is he handling it?
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:21 AM