The Vikings spent the early portion of this week looking at the potential eventuality of starting rookies Cedric Griffin and Greg Blue against the Lions this week. But, as the Vikings near their last "official" practice of the week, the news is looking a little better for the veterans.
Darren Sharper, who left Buffalo on crutches with a quadriceps injury, returned to practice Thursday and has declared himself fit to play the final game before the Vikings bye week. Antoine Winfield, who also has a quad injury above his left knee, was held out of practice for a second straight day, but told reporters he will be ready for the Lions this weekend.
Both players remain listed as questionable on the team injury report.
* On a local radio show, former Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss said he wouldn't have a problem being traded from the hideous Raiders franchise. In part, Moss said, "I've been traded once. Two won't hurt."
* Former Viking Dustin Fox has been added to the Eagles practice squad after being cut from the team earlier this week.
* The Vikings have three takeaways this year. Only the Broncos (two) have less and they've played just three games.
* The Lions have allowed 14 sacks, tied for 27th in the league. Only the Dolphins, Raiders, Bengals and Texans have allowed more.
* The Lions' top receiver -- WR Roy Williams -- is fourth in the league with 384 receiving yards. The Vikings' top yardage receiver is Troy Williamson, whose 245 yards is good enough for 25th place.
* Despite an awful week at Buffalo, Chester Taylor remains eighth in the league with 298 yards rushing. Detroit's Kevin Jones is 21st with 253 yards.
* The Lions returned 400 tickets on Thursday. They can be purchased by calling TicketMaster at 651-989-5151 or going to TicketMaster.com.
Sharper Back, Winfield Next?
Viking Update Top Stories
Harrison Smith: No reason for changeThe Minnesota Vikings’ perfect season hit a brick wall Sunday at Philadelphia, but safety Harrison Smith said the panic on the outside of Winter Park isn't being shared on the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:44 PM
Munnerlyn likes Cutler’s risk-taking waysCaptain Munnerlyn likened Jay Cutler to Brett Favre, calling him a “gunslinger,” but Cutler was at his best when he conformed last year.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:32 AM
Did Vikings have bounty system?In a new book released recently, the claim is made that the Minnesota Vikings had a bounty system in place at the same time the Saints were eventually swept up in the Bountygate…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:25 AM
Fusco: O-line problems correctableAs players and coaches watched film of Sunday's loss to Philadelphia, more than a few them got an uneasy feeling. Not because the Eagles dominated them as much as it appeared, but…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:15 AM
Vikings sign 3 to practice squad, release 3The Minnesota Vikings shook up their practice squad on Tuesday, signing three – including an offensive lineman – and releasing three.
Viking UpdateTuesday at 1:34 PM