On Monday, there were fears that Antoine Winfield, Darren Sharper and Ben Leber could all miss today's game with the Lions. But, as of Saturday, all three have the potential to be in the starting lineup.
Winfield, who has received treatment most of the week for a quad injury, proclaimed himself ready to go. If coach Brad Childress agrees may be another story, but he's good to go.
If Winfield can't go, rookie Cedric Griffin will get the start.
* For the fifth straight week, every NFL game this weekend has sold out -- a new league record.
* In the last three games, the Lions defense has allowed 955 yards passing with 10 touchdowns, no interceptions and just one sack.
* The Vikings signed long snapper Cullen Loeffler to a five-year, $3.1 million extension through the 2011 season.
* The Vikings offense is 24th on first downs, with 15 of 21 plays in the last two games gaining three yards or less.
* The Vikings removed Ryan Longwell from the injury report and improved the status of Jermaine Wiggins from questionable to probable.
* Former Viking Koren Robinson may start this week for the Packers.
Winfield Says He'll Play
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings will look at ‘all options’ to improveComing off a loss that Mike Zimmer termed “embarrassing,” a 21-10 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles, the Minnesota Vikings will look at all options to rectify the situation.
Viking Update2:42 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer: 'This is a gut-check day'Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer recapped the first loss of the season by pointing out "several dumb things" he found to be uncharacteristic of his team.
Viking Update1:06 PM
Counting snaps: Vikings vs. EaglesDespite a “soft” performance on the offensive line, according to coach Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings seemed interested in getting a rotation going there.
Viking Update6:23 AM
Holler: R-E-L-A-XMike Zimmer wasn't kind in his assessment of the Minnesota Vikings Sunday following their humbling 21-10 loss to Philadelphia, but it isn't as though the season is going down the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:11 PM