Following Sunday's win over the Lions, anxious media members looking for player quotes had to wait about 20 minutes before locker room access was granted. Coach Brad Childress kept everyone waiting as he addressed his 3-2 team, which is now heading into its bye week.
It was last year during the bye that the infamous Lake Minnetonka boat party took place. Childress has gone out of his way -- both privately and publicly -- to say that nothing even remotely similar to that will take place this year.
As the Vikings prepare for their week off of the NFL grind, they do so with a team that has already seen the toughest portion of its schedule. After returning from the bye, the Vikings will play the Seahawks and Patriots. After that, only one of their final nine opponents (Chicago) was a 2005 playoff team. The schedule will get much more simplified, which should help the Vikings in their playoff push. But for now, it's sit back and watch time for the Vikings and their fans ... and no boat parties please.
* Former Viking Koren Robinson has been informed that he has received a one-year suspension from the league for violating the substance abuse policy. Robinson has appealed the decision, but will likely have to fly to New York within the next couple of weeks. His suspension could begin immediately after his appeal is denied.
* Chester Taylor has 20 or more carries in four of five games this year.
* Mike Williams, the guy many Vikings fans were clamouring over in the 2005 draft, had just one pass thrown his way Sunday. He dropped it.
* The Lions had only three rushing attempts the entire second half, even while holding a 17-3 lead.
* The Vikings had three takeaways in their first four games. They had three takeaways in the fourth quarter Sunday.
* Sunday marked the 200th regular season game at the Metrodome.
* Former Viking Daunte Culpepper is said to have been in a shouting match with coach Nick Saban about being benched Friday. Joey Harrington got the start and, as expected, lost.
Bye For Now
Viking Update Top Stories
2017 VIKINGS DRAFT GUIDEInformation on the Minnesota Vikings' 2017 draft, from where they pick to position analysis, links to stories, mock drafts and more.
Viking Update12:35 PM
Viking Update final mock draft, Round 2A late legal issue forces a former first-round value down to the bottom of the second round in our NFL mock draft, and a couple of other late changes in the second round.
Viking Update11:58 AM
Viking Update final mock draftLate-rising concerns, scheme fits and legal issues cause some minor tweaking in our NFL final mock, just on time for draft day.
Viking Update11:50 AM
Vikes hope Floyd’s knee ‘starts acting right’Minnesota Vikings teammates are hoping Sharrif Floyd returns to full health.
Viking Update5:51 AM
Red flags flying with defensive prospectsWhy are some of the top defensive prospects in the NFL draft going to drop father than their talents indicate they should? Because more than 50 of them have red flags that impact…
Viking Update5:14 AM