Following Sunday's win over the Lions, anxious media members looking for player quotes had to wait about 20 minutes before locker room access was granted. Coach Brad Childress kept everyone waiting as he addressed his 3-2 team, which is now heading into its bye week.
It was last year during the bye that the infamous Lake Minnetonka boat party took place. Childress has gone out of his way -- both privately and publicly -- to say that nothing even remotely similar to that will take place this year.
As the Vikings prepare for their week off of the NFL grind, they do so with a team that has already seen the toughest portion of its schedule. After returning from the bye, the Vikings will play the Seahawks and Patriots. After that, only one of their final nine opponents (Chicago) was a 2005 playoff team. The schedule will get much more simplified, which should help the Vikings in their playoff push. But for now, it's sit back and watch time for the Vikings and their fans ... and no boat parties please.
* Former Viking Koren Robinson has been informed that he has received a one-year suspension from the league for violating the substance abuse policy. Robinson has appealed the decision, but will likely have to fly to New York within the next couple of weeks. His suspension could begin immediately after his appeal is denied.
* Chester Taylor has 20 or more carries in four of five games this year.
* Mike Williams, the guy many Vikings fans were clamouring over in the 2005 draft, had just one pass thrown his way Sunday. He dropped it.
* The Lions had only three rushing attempts the entire second half, even while holding a 17-3 lead.
* The Vikings had three takeaways in their first four games. They had three takeaways in the fourth quarter Sunday.
* Sunday marked the 200th regular season game at the Metrodome.
* Former Viking Daunte Culpepper is said to have been in a shouting match with coach Nick Saban about being benched Friday. Joey Harrington got the start and, as expected, lost.
Bye For Now
Viking Update Top Stories
Is draft key to 2017 rebound?The Minnesota Vikings have plugged some holes in free agency, but will the draft be the focus of restocking the shelves? If so, what shelf gets stocked first?
Viking Update5:12 AM
Newly signed Murray has surgeryLatavius Murray, the Minnesota Vikings’ replacement for Adrian Peterson had surgery, the team announced Wednesday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:03 PM
Podcast: Free agents, Zimmer’s words and moreWe analyze what the Minnesota Vikings have done, and not done, in free agency, talk team chemistry and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:03 AM
Zimmer talks state of the VikingsMike Zimmer made an appearance on KFAN Tuesday and got hit with questions from all sides about the state of his Minnesota Vikings.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:59 AM