There have been conflicting viewpoints concerning the injury to Chester Taylor that has him listed as questionable on this week's injury report with a calf injury.
Is he hurting or being used sparingly for the good of the team?
There is one school of thought that says, due to his high workload, Taylor will be cycled down during mid-week practices in order to stay fresh for gamedays -- a point of view Taylor himself seemed to endorse Wednesday.
The other line of thinking is that, due to the number of carries Taylor has taken on this season, his body is starting to feel the toll of the pounding.
Either way, whether listed as questionable or not, expect to see Taylor in uniform and starting for the Vikings Sunday and, by the time all is said and done, having his usual 20-25 carries before the game is over.
* Aside from Taylor, the Vikings have five other players listed as questionable -- Napoleon Harris (wrist), Darrion Scott (ankle), Marcus Robinson (back), Tony Richardson (thumb) and Pat Williams (knee). Of those players, Harris and Scott are the least likely to play. Three others -- Kevin Williams (ankle), Matt Birk (neck) and Will Hunter (back) -- are listed as probable.
* For the Packers, wide receiver Greg Jennings (ankle) and Charles Woodson (knee) haven't practiced this week and are listed as questionable.
* Fred Smoot may miss the game as well. The wake for his half-brother, who died in a car accident last weekend, is set for Friday with the funeral service on Saturday.
* Derrick Strait, who was worked out by the Vikings last week, signed with the Bears Wednesday.
* The Vikings signed Boise State rookie DT Alex Guerrero to the practice squad.
* Daunte Culpepper continues to be on the Dolphins active roster, but, while he rehabs his knee, he hasn't practiced in almost a month.
Rest or Relaxation
Viking Update Top Stories
Harrison Smith: No reason for changeThe Minnesota Vikings’ perfect season hit a brick wall Sunday at Philadelphia, but safety Harrison Smith said the panic on the outside of Winter Park isn't being shared on the…
Viking Update2:44 PM
Munnerlyn likes Cutler’s risk-taking waysCaptain Munnerlyn likened Jay Cutler to Brett Favre, calling him a “gunslinger,” but Cutler was at his best when he conformed last year.
Viking Update7:32 AM
Did Vikings have bounty system?In a new book released recently, the claim is made that the Minnesota Vikings had a bounty system in place at the same time the Saints were eventually swept up in the Bountygate…
Viking Update7:25 AM
Fusco: O-line problems correctableAs players and coaches watched film of Sunday's loss to Philadelphia, more than a few them got an uneasy feeling. Not because the Eagles dominated them as much as it appeared, but…
Viking Update4:15 AM