The Elias Sports Bureau did something this week that the Miami couldn't do all day Sunday -- gain seven yards on their rushing total.
On Tuesday, Elias, the stats keeper for the NFL, changed a ruling on a play that many observers felt would be changed shortly after the play happened. The play in question, a bothched snap to Dolphins quarterback Joey Harrington, was changed from a run for a seven-yard loss to a sack. That changed Miami's run total from minus-three yards to plus-four yards.
Despite the addition, both totals represent all-time franchise lows for the Vikings defense and the Dolphins offense.
* The Vikings worked out a slew of running backs Tuesday, but in the end, it appears as though they have signed Naufahu Tahi off the Bengals practice squad. While no official announcement has been made yet, that is expected today. The Vikings had several fullback candidates in for workouts Tuesday, including Nick Luchey, Fred Beasley and Alan Ricard.
* Kenechi Udeze is one of only two defensive ends with three of more starts this year -- the other being Oakland's Tyler Brayton -- who doesn't have a sack. Udeze has started all 10 Vikings games.
* The Vikings are currently 30th in ticket revenue, but that is expected to drop to last after this season. The only teams behind them were the Cardinals, who moved into a new stadium and the Saints, who were displaced due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
* The Vikings worked out former Eagles tight end Stephen Spach Tuesday.
* Coach Brad Childress is coming under fire by some of the local media for not attempting a field goal Sunday in the final minute of the loss to the Dolphins. The thought process is that the Vikings had a couple of chances to kick a field goal, attempt an on-side kick and try to tie to the game with a touchdown. Instead, the Vikings kept driving the ball and scored as time expired -- giving them seven points, but killing any chance of coming back to potentially tie or win the game.
* In a sad case of deja vu, 49ers receiver Antonio Bryant was arrested for DUI Monday night and was clocked at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour -- painfully reminiscent of the scenario that played out in August with Koren Robinson.
Dolphins Get Stat Reprieve
Viking Update Top Stories
Spielman: ‘Plans in place’ with contractsThe Minnesota Vikings have several important decisions ahead of them at the quarterback position, but one has apparently already been made.
Viking Update8:25 AM
Podcast: AP’s new home, reacting to SpielmanWith the draft closing in, we react to Adrian Peterson’s new home, Rick Spielman’s press conference, character issues and more.
Viking Update7:23 AM
Mock draft, Round 2, Version 3In some cases, needs remained unfilled after Round 1 of our mock draft, but Round 2 is where to make up for that. While that’s often the case, we have the Minnesota Vikings going…
Viking Update6:28 AM
Viking Update Mock Draft, Version 6With diluted drug tests and final evaluations altering the stock and risks with some players, we reshuffle the deck and offer Version 6 of our first-round mock draft.
Viking Update6:21 AM