1) Willie Offord intercepted his first career NFL pass.
2) Daunte Culpepper threw his 48th career TD pass, which ties him with Randall Cunningham for fifth place in team history.
3) Randy Moss started his 56th consecutive game, which ties him with John Gilliam for third-most by a Vikings wide receiver. Cris Carter (1993-2001) leads the way with 144, followed by Ahmad Rashad (1976-1982) with 88.
4) Moss scored his 54th career touchdown reception and has now caught a pass in 65 consecutive games.
5) Michael Bennett had his first career fumble after moving into fifth place with 182 consecutive rushing attempts without a fumble. Robert Smith holds the record with 476 consecutive attempts. Bennett joins Smith, Scottie Graham and Ted Brown as the only four Vikings players with at least 150 straight carries without a fumble.
6) The Vikings have now played the Bears in five season openers, second only to San Francisco (six times).
7) The Vikings are now 23-18-1 on Week 1. This was the Vikings' first loss on the road for a season opener since 1995, when the Bears won 31-14 in Chicago.
8) Bears wide receiver Marty Booker's 198 yards receiving ties Billy Brooks of Cincinnati in 1977 for second-most yards in a game by a Vikings opponent. Jerry Rice has the best performance by a Vikings opponent, with 289 yards in 1995.
Vikings-Bears Game Notes
Viking Update Top Stories
Cutler returns, praising Vikings defenseBears QB Jay Cutler is returning to action and expects some rust, but he has immense respect for the Minnesota Vikings defense.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:43 PM
VIDEO: Bradford breaks down offensive issuesWhile Sam Bradford has generally had an impressive start to his time with the Minnesota Vikings, that didn't translate last week. He discusses the offensive struggles against the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:33 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer blasts report, talks BearsMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer defends his character after an erroneous report that was later corrected went viral, but Zimmer settled in to talk Bears mostly on Thursday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:39 PM
Vikings look to turn the pageComing off their first loss of the season, the Minnesota Vikings are looking to shake the label of being soft and get back to their winning ways at Soldier Field Monday, a place…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:28 PM
Patterson sits out; Treadwell, Wright returnThe Minnesota Vikings’ rotating injury concerns at wide receiver continued this week.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:52 AM