Welcome to Purple Thoughts, a message board dedicated to the passionately purple and the team they love, the Minnesota Vikings. We welcome fellow faithful, as well as rival fans, to drop in, relax and talk a lot of football.
In order to facilitate the free and respectful exchange of opinions about all things Vikings and all things football, the following board etiquette should be observed. PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY. If you ever have a question about why a post was removed, please consult this list. This board is monitored by a team of unpaid moderators and administrators. This "purple posse" is responsible for keeping this message board fun, informative and clean. If a visitor reads an offensive post while a moderator is not logged in, users are encouraged to e-mail an alert to one or all of the moderators/administrators. We expressly reserve the right to deny authorization to any person at any time, for any reason, as well as to delete in its entirety any post or link to material which we, in our sole discretion, deem to be offensive to the sensibilities of ordinary persons, or which might subject us to legal liability.
All views (good/bad/neutral) about the team are welcomed and part of conversation and normal banter.
1. Flaming: Posters will be expected to maintain basic courtesy toward the opinions of others. Please avoid flame wars or anything you KNOW will cause others to flame, aka "flame bait." We expect members to agree or disagree in a civil manner. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Bigotry: Posts containing racial, sexual, ethnic or religious slurs will be promptly deleted. Repeated posts with these slurs will be considered cause for banishment. Discrimination and/or bigotry will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.
3. Spamming: No spam (posts containing advertising) are allowed without the express permission of the publishers of the message boards. (Ask the board moderators for information. Their e-mail addresses are posted at the top of the message board.)
4. Offensive Language: The administrators of this board recognize it is populated by adults and will, therefore, tolerate the occasional use of profanity or slang words, but the use of profanity is discouraged. Continued use of profanity will be cause for deleting a message. Obscene language and/or graphics are not acceptable. If it can't be said or seen on network television, then don't put it into a post. The same rule applies to vulgar innuendoes and jokes.
5. Code: The use of HTML code (where allowed) in posts should be limited to football-related links. Please avoid lengthy "sig" files.
6. File Size: For performance reasons, please limit any graphics to which you post links to images 50K or less in size. If you're not sure, don't post it. This is a technically powerful board, but going overboard with graphics will limit the performance of the board and the willingness of users to read your posts in the future.
7. All Caps: Please refrain from posting using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Capital letters are great for emphasis, but it is annoying to read posts that are all caps.
8. Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness: As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask that our members post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity not only includes vulgar language and pictures but also sexist, racist, anti-religious and homophobic language, which may offend other members. In addition, the "masking" of vulgarity by inserting * or another keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term is unacceptable in most cases. We realize that there's a "gray area" of judgment with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by avoiding vulgarity.
9. Harassment: Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. Even though we realize that sports discussions can get intense, we have zero tolerance for taking an argument about a sports topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot, moron, stupid" and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a forums team and/or forum members can also constitute harassment
For People Who Just Don't Get It: If you have nothing constructive to provide to said forum (determined by any of the board moderators), your posts can be removed without warning. If you continue to make posts that offend any group, you may be banned. We will NOT post to the board that someone has been banned. Moderators and admins don't brag about it or need to demonstrate their authority to the board and posters; it will be evident when the board is just running well.
All of the aforementioned guidelines are instituted to keep a clean, fun and thriving community of Vikings and football fans.
About our Moderators: Our moderators are members, fans, people that have opinions, points of views toward the subject being discussed and THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO with their duties as mods. They have the same right to post their thoughts on any given topic as any members would. They VOLUNTEER their time (LOTS OF IT) to help us have a good civil place to talk about the team we all love. A little appreciation and comprehension for their work would be very well appreciated.
Under no circumstances will we (administrators/mods) allow any kind of posting in A PUBLIC FORUM about their work, critics, opinions, complaints toward their decisions, agreeing with them or not. You have our PM (Private Messaging System) or email to discuss your points, views, any/or any complaint and/or suggestion regarding their work. PLEASE KEEP IT OFF THE BOARDS. Anyone that does not go by this rule will be SUSPENDED or risk in losing their posting rights.
The most important thing to remember is to have fun talking about the Vikings and football. Different opinions about football-related topics are what this board thrives on. Enjoy, and remember to tell others about us.
VikingUpdate.com Message Board Etiquette
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings sign 3 to practice squad, release 3The Minnesota Vikings shook up their practice squad on Tuesday, signing three – including an offensive lineman – and releasing three.
Viking Update1:34 PM
Long: No excusesJake Long was only on the field for 13 plays Sunday at Philadelphia, but two of those resulted in turnovers that cost the Minnesota Vikings offense from putting up points. On…
Viking Update12:55 PM
Did rotating tackles affect Vikings?The Minnesota Vikings took the unusual step of rotating their offensive tackles in the first half of Sunday’s loss. Did that affect their performance? Alex Boone reacted to that,…
Viking Update12:42 PM
Cutler’s back, drawing angry Vikings defenseThe Bears announced Monday that, in the midst of Chicago’s World Series frenzy, local goat Jay Cutler will be making his return to playing action. How will it go? The Minnesota…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:02 PM
Notebook: Problems extended beyond pass proThe Minnesota Vikings had obvious problems with pass protection, but there are other areas head coach Mike Zimmer is addressing, too.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:41 PM