Vikings-Bills Game Notes
1) Daunte Culpepper's three touchdown passes give him a career total of 51. He set a team record of 50 touchdowns in 30 games, breaking Warren Moon's record of 50 passing TDs in 31 games.
2) Culpepper's 25 completions give him a career total of 573, moving him past Rich Gannon's total of 561 in into sixth place in the record books.
3) Culpepper's rushing touchdown was his 14th career TD. That is the third time he has had two consecutive games with a rushing TD.
4) Culpepper's touchdown pass to Randy Moss was the duo's 23rd touchdown connection. That ties them with the Fran Tarkenton-to-Chuck Foreman tandem for fourth place in team history.
5) Moss' 111 yards receiving give him a career total of 5,565, which moves him into sixth place, surpassing Ahmad Rashad's 5,489.
6) Moss' 111 yards receiving give him his 24th career 100-yard game, which ranks him second in team history to Cris Carter's 40.
7) Moss started his 57th consecutive game at wide receiver. This moves him into third place, surpassing John Gilliam's 56.
8) D'Wayne Bates' 61-yard punt return was the 12th longest in team history, and the sixth-longest non-scoring punt return.
9) Moe Williams' 102 yards rushing is his career best as a Viking and second to his NFL best of 111 last year when he was with Baltimore.
10) The last time a kicker missed two PATs in the same game was Rick Danmeier vs. Cleveland in 1980.
Viking Update Top Stories
Bills claim former Vikings defensive linemanA former Minnesota Vikings defensive lineman didn’t make it to free agency, instead being claimed on waivers.
Viking Update3:44 PM
For Böhringer, everything ‘calmed down’Moritz Böhringer had a season of learning on the field and off, but he has no intention of giving up his NFL dream and playing in Germany again.
Viking Update12:39 PM
Vikings double-down on linebacker interestThe Minnesota Vikings will be looking for competition to backfill a vacancy at weakside linebacker with Chad Greenway’s retirement and interviewed an early-round possibility at the…
Viking Update8:02 AM
Anatomy of a contractLatavius Murray's contract with the Minnesota Vikings sounds pretty straightforward, but in the NFL that's not always the case.
Viking Update4:07 AM
Sunday slant: Planning for future has risksThe Minnesota Vikings have plenty of salary-cap space, but most of that is likely to be allocated for extensions.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:48 AM