1) Shaun Alexander's five touchdowns are the most by a Vikings opponent, breaking the previous record of four by five players. It is also an NFL record for most touchdowns in a half.
2) Alexander's 30 points break a 40-year-old record of 28 points by a Vikings opponent, previously held by Paul Hornung of Green Bay in 1962. Alexander's four rushing TDs against the Vikings is the first since Marshall Faulk of the Rams in 2000.
3) The Seahawks set two new records: Most points (31) scored by a Vikings opponent in the second quarter, and most points (45) scored by a Vikings opponent in the first half. The old records were 28 and 41, both by San Francisco in a 1983 game.
4) The 55 points scored in the first half by both teams is the most of any previous Vikings game, topping the 55 points scored by San Francisco and Minnesota in 1983.
5) This marks the worst September record in team history, as the Vikings go 0-4 for the first time and break the old mark of 0-3 set in 1962. The Vikings are now 12-8 on Sunday Night Football and have lost 12 consecutive road games.
6) Gary Anderson's five points give him a Vikings total of 459, which moves him into fourth place in team history, surpassing Bill Brown's 456.
7) Daunte Culpepper's 61 yards rushing give him a career total of 1,011. He becomes only the second Vikings QB to gain 1,000 yards rushing. Fran Tarkenton gained 2,543 for the Vikings during his career.
Vikings-Seahawks Game Notes
Viking Update Top Stories
Key matchup: Former teammates face offOnly time will tell who got the better of the Sam Bradford trade to the Minnesota Vikings, but he and Carson Wentz will face each other Sunday after the trade that surprised them…
Viking Update7:06 AM
Vikings podcast: Spielman, Bradford and moreThe Minnesota Vikings are showing the fruits of some solid roster building and coaching. Their record, their stats and their depth prove it, as a talk with Rick Spielman showed.
Viking Update6:17 AM
Vikings rush offense needs to improveThe Minnesota Vikings are the lone unbeaten team in the NFL, yet they are failing at one of the typical telltale signs of a winning team - being able to control the clock with a…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:23 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer on final preps for EaglesMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer discusses some key players for Philadelphia, his defense and if Jake Long could play.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:02 PM