Fans will have a chance to get up close and personal with the personnel of the Vikings tonight at Mall of America. A 6 p.m. team introduction will take place at the MOA rotunda with members of each unit introducing their fellow Vikings players.
Paul Allen, the radio play-by-play voice of the Vikings, will host the proceedings, with a one-hour autograph session following at various locations throughout the mall.
For many fans, their opportunity to get a chance to get player autographs is usually limited to training camp and, if they're lucky, following home games outside the Metrodome. This will be a chance for kids to get up close to their heroes and a chance for the Vikings to chat up their hopes for the 2007 season.
* Bill Belichick was asked Monday at Patriots practice about conversations he had with Brad Childress in which he asked the Vikings coach not to claim tight end Garrett Mills. Belichick, who has a propensity for being a little terse with the media, said that such conversations go on all the time in the NFL. One would think there would be more talk of such discussions, but that might lend to giving a team a competitive advantage.
* The Falcons signed former Vikings running back Artose Pinner to a contract Monday. Pinner is expected to be uniform when the Falcons come to the Metrodome Sunday.
* Wide receiver Chandler Williams, one of the final cuts during the preseason, signed on to the Dolphins practice squad Monday.
* The Vikings return to practice today after having four days off following the final preseason game.
* Former Vikings wide receiver Jason Carter signed with Panthers Monday as part of their practice squad.
* As of Tuesday morning, the Vikings still had one vacancy on their practice squad.
* From the Life Imitating Art Department comes this: When the Vikings were humiliated on Draft Day 2003 for "passing" on the seventh overall pick, it was because they thought they had a trade worked with the Ravens, who wanted to get ahead of the Jaguars to take QB Byron Leftwich. When the trade wasn't completed in time, the Jags jumped in the Vikings spot and took Leftwich. After releasing him over the weekend, Leftwich has scheduled a visit with, you guessed it, the Ravens. The circle of life continues.
Meet the Vikes at MOA
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: WR holds free-agent intrigueThe Minnesota Vikings have more pressing positions to solve in free agency than wide receiver, but there are interesting and altering decisions ahead at the position.
Viking Update6:30 AM
Why should fans expect Peterson to stay?Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson sent out a cryptic tweet about the New York Giants’ recent roster moves, but those who would be surprised if he ends up somewhere else don't…
Viking Update5:14 AM
Podcast: A.P.’s best landing spots and moreAdrian Peterson seems to be sending out indications of where he would like to play, but what teams are the best fits? Plus, roster moves, their meaning and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:26 AM
Hip surgery complicates Line’s offseasonMinnesota Vikings fullback Zach Line talked about a hip injury that hampered him in 2016.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:31 AM