Fans will have a chance to get up close and personal with the personnel of the Vikings tonight at Mall of America. A 6 p.m. team introduction will take place at the MOA rotunda with members of each unit introducing their fellow Vikings players.
Paul Allen, the radio play-by-play voice of the Vikings, will host the proceedings, with a one-hour autograph session following at various locations throughout the mall.
For many fans, their opportunity to get a chance to get player autographs is usually limited to training camp and, if they're lucky, following home games outside the Metrodome. This will be a chance for kids to get up close to their heroes and a chance for the Vikings to chat up their hopes for the 2007 season.
* Bill Belichick was asked Monday at Patriots practice about conversations he had with Brad Childress in which he asked the Vikings coach not to claim tight end Garrett Mills. Belichick, who has a propensity for being a little terse with the media, said that such conversations go on all the time in the NFL. One would think there would be more talk of such discussions, but that might lend to giving a team a competitive advantage.
* The Falcons signed former Vikings running back Artose Pinner to a contract Monday. Pinner is expected to be uniform when the Falcons come to the Metrodome Sunday.
* Wide receiver Chandler Williams, one of the final cuts during the preseason, signed on to the Dolphins practice squad Monday.
* The Vikings return to practice today after having four days off following the final preseason game.
* Former Vikings wide receiver Jason Carter signed with Panthers Monday as part of their practice squad.
* As of Tuesday morning, the Vikings still had one vacancy on their practice squad.
* From the Life Imitating Art Department comes this: When the Vikings were humiliated on Draft Day 2003 for "passing" on the seventh overall pick, it was because they thought they had a trade worked with the Ravens, who wanted to get ahead of the Jaguars to take QB Byron Leftwich. When the trade wasn't completed in time, the Jags jumped in the Vikings spot and took Leftwich. After releasing him over the weekend, Leftwich has scheduled a visit with, you guessed it, the Ravens. The circle of life continues.
Meet the Vikes at MOA
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Newman influencing manyTerence Newman’s wealth of knowledge is benefiting teammates on defense and offense, earning him the respect and trust of many Minnesota Vikings.
Viking Update6:24 AM
By the numbers: More than a passing fancyWith the running game being stymied all season, Minnesota Vikings receivers are putting up the biggest numbers the team has seen since Brett Favre ruled the roost in 2009.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:13 PM
Key matchup: Battle of the Seminole cornersXavier Rhodes and Jalen Ramsey seem far different in their personalities, but they both have a high level of play in their game.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:06 PM
Diggs reaching rare Vikings airStefon Diggs is on pace for a couple milestones that haven’t been reached by a Minnesota Vikings receiver in this decade.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:05 PM