* The Cowboys have the second-ranked offense (11th rushing, 3rd passing) and 11th-rated defense (7th rushing, 24th passing) in the league. The Vikings are rated No. 12 on offense (1st rushing, 28th passing) and 25th on defense (2nd rushing, 32nd passing).
* The Vikings have the highest average gain per rushing attempt in the league (5.6 yards). Dallas is ranked No. 4 at 4.9 yards.
* The Vikings are tied for fourth in the league in takeaway/giveaway ratio with a +5 total. Their 14 takeaways is tied for the NFL lead. Dallas is tied for 12th with a +2 takeaway/giveaway ratio.
* No team averages more yards per offensive play than the Cowboys.
* The Cowboys have the top-ranked offense in the NFC and, thanks to the huge rushing day from Adrian Peterson last week, the Vikings have moved to No. 4 in total offense in the NFC.
* Despite already having his bye week, Peterson leads the NFL is rushing with 607 yards – 80 yards more than second-place LaDainian Tomlinson, who has played one more game.
* Peterson is second in the league in total yards from scrimmage with 782 yards (607 rushing, 175 receiving). He trails only Miami's Ronnie Brown, who has 882 yards (526 rushing, 356 receiving).
* Peterson and Marion Barber are the only running backs in the league with more than 50 carries to average six yards or more per rush.
* Peterson has converted 29 first downs, second only to Edgerrin James (31) for most in the NFC.
* The three lowest-rated defenses in the conference are all from the NFC North. The bottom three are the Vikings, Bears and Lions.
* Only two teams in the NFC have been in the red zone less than 13 times – the Vikings (six) and the 49ers (seven). Dallas leads the NFC with 24 trips into the red zone. Even the winless Dolphins have been in the red four times as often (24 total) than the Vikings.
* Opponents have been in the Vikings red zone 11 times, but have come away with just four touchdowns.
* The Vikings are failing on nearly two of every three third-down attempts – making good on just 34.2 percent of third-down opportunities. In contrast, the Cowboys are converted 46.8 percent (36 of 77) of their third-down chances.
* Dallas is averaging seven yards per play on first down – the highest average in the league. The Vikings are 19th with a 4.83 yard average. The league average on first down is 5.29 yards.
* Tony Romo has four 300-yard games, including three of the top 14 individual passing days in the league this season. The Vikings haven't had a 300-yard passer in the last 34 games. The last one was Daunte Culpepper, who threw for 300 yards against the Saints in Week 3 of the 2005 season.
* Romo is the seventh-rated passer in the NFL with a 99.2 rating.
* Tarvaris Jackson has a passer rating of 49.8. Only Rex Grossman (45.2) and Gus Frerotte (44.2) have a lower rating.
* Romo is second only to Tom Brady with 15 touchdowns and trails only Brady and Brett Favre in passing yardage with 1,707 yards.
* The Vikings may want to get after the Cowboys Sunday. Through six games, Dallas has scored just six points while allowing 33 points. In the remaining three quarters, the Cowboys have outscored their opponents by a total of 197-111.
* The Vikings have not allowed an opponent to score a rushing touchdown this season. Of the nine TDs the Vikings have allowed, eight have been on passes and one on a punt return last week by Devin Hester of the Bears.
* The Vikings have outscored their opponents 101-90 and hold a scoring edge in each of the first three quarters. The Vikes have been outscored 37-34 in the fourth quarter of their games and 3-0 in overtime.
* Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has 32 receptions, just seven less than the top three Vikings receivers combined – Bobby Wade (18), Sidney Rice (11) and Adrian Peterson (10).
* Wade is the leading receiver for the Vikings with 18 catches, which ties him for 59th in the league.
* No receiver in the NFC has more third-down receptions that Owens' 11 catches.
* The Vikings are averaging just 15 completions a game. Opponents are averaging more than 27 completions a game.
* Opposing quarterbacks are averaging 41 pass attempts and 305 yards a game against the Vikings defense.
* Tony Romo has been sacked just eight times in six games this season.
* The Cowboys are averaging more than 405 yards a game on offense.
* Four different Cowboys – Marion Barber, Witten, Terrell Owens and Patrick Crayton – have scored four or more touchdowns.
* Cowboys fans can empathize with how Vikings fans feel about the disparity in yards between Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor. They have a similar situation with their own backfield. Barber has five less carries than Julius Jones (69) but Barber has gained 381 yards on the ground, while Jones has just 268. Barber is averaging six yards a rush, while Jones is averaging 3.9 yards a carry.
* Anthony Henry will be out of Sunday's game, which has to be good news for Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson. Henry is tied for the league lead with four interceptions.
* The Cowboys are averaging more than eight penalties a game.
* Three Cowboys receivers – Witten, Owens and Crayton – are on pace to have 1,000-yard receiving seasons.
By the Numbers
Viking Update Top Stories
Report: Floyd to serve one more day in jailMinnesota Vikings receiver Michael Floyd got an additional day of jail time and other penalties for violating terms of his house arrest.
Viking Update1:49 PM
U.S. Bank Stadium wins international awardWith Minnesota Vikings executives pitching plaudits, U.S. Bank Stadium took home an international stadium award.
Viking Update12:30 PM
WATCH: Laquon Treadwell at OTAs, minicampLaquon Treadwell is trying to earn a much bigger role with the Minnesota Vikings in his second year. Watch as he goes through drills and routes at OTAs and minicamp.
Viking Update11:31 AM
Vikings see a lot to like with WeatherlyMinnesota Vikings coaches and players see a lot of similarities between the development of Danielle Hunter and Stephen Weatherly.
Viking Update7:07 AM
Schedule could be edge for VikingsNormal is going to abnormal for the Packers to start the 2017 season. Could the schedule tip the balance of power in the NFC North?
Viking Update5:32 AM