Troy Williamson won't be with the team Sunday, according to his agent, who revealed that Williamson has returned home following the death of his grandmother and to visit a brother who has been in and out of a come since September.
Williamson, who has just nine catches for 159 yards, has missed the last three days of practice and the funeral is scheduled for Monday, when he will also be missing from Winter Park.
Fred Smoot missed a considerable amount of playing time last season with the death of his half brother. The Vikings allowed him to take the time he needed to attend to family business, but cut him at the end of the season.
With Williamson not expected to be back Sunday for the game, the Vikings could find themselves extremely shorthanded at wide receiver Sunday. Bobby Wade took part in one portion of practice Friday and it won't be known until Sunday morning whether he will be able to play or not. If Wade is out, Aundrae Allison is likely to see the biggest increase in field time.
* Antoine Winfield missed his second straight day of practice with a hamstring and is listed as questionable to play Sunday. If Winfield can't play, rookie Marcus McCauley will get the start
* As many expected at VU, Juqua Thomas was fined $7,500 for his hit that knocked out Kelly Holcomb last Sunday. Two other Eagles were also fined $7,500 – linebacker Matt McCoy for a hit on punter Chris Kluwe and safety Quintin Mickell for a late hit on Sidney Rice.
* E.J. Henderson was fined $5,000 for a major facemask penalty against the Eagles Brian Westbrook, which the league deemed intentional.
* With Wade likely out for Sunday, Mewelde Moore is expected to return punts for the Vikings.
* Aside from Winfield, Wade and Williamson, six players were listed as probable on the final injury report – Ryan Cook (shoulder), Tarvaris Jackson (finger), Erasmus James (shoulder), Dwight Smith (hamstring) Vinny Ciurciu (ankle) and Brian Robison (illness).
WWW All Out?
Viking Update Top Stories
Vikings training camp guideLinks to the Minnesota Vikings training camp schedule, autograph schedule, directions, NFL calendar and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:59 AM
Vikings training camp autograph scheduleThe Minnesota Vikings have announced their training camp autograph schedule for 2017.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 6:07 AM
NFC North Rankings: Offensive linemenIn 2015, all four teams in the NFC North thought they had the pieces on their offensive line to carry them to the end of the decade. A lot has changed the last two years.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:34 AM
Vikings make pre-camp roster movesThe Minnesota Vikings made a bottom-of-the-roster release and signing on Friday, but they might not be done.
Viking UpdateFriday at 12:46 PM
NFC North Rankings: Tight endsThe crop of tight ends in the NFC North has been formulated under two very different approaches, with varied levels of success.
Viking UpdateFriday at 5:29 AM