From all outside appearances, Doug Chapman looked fine Tuesday at an Edina hospital. He had been taken out of intensive care and is scheduled to be released Thursday or possibly even today.
But after suffering a bout of internal bleeding and being hospitalized Monday, Chapman is out for the rest of the season.
Coach Mike Tice made the announcement Tuesday, saying the team has signed free agent offensive tackle Jon Carman, who played with Buffalo last year and, to make room on the 53-man roster, put Chapman on I.R.
The Vikings may look at adding another running back to the roster, but, for now James Wofford moves into Chapman's spot on the depth chart.
* VU is again hearing that the Vikings and the agents for Bryant McKinnie remain optimistic on a deal getting done. From what we're hearing, the Vikings may be willing to give McKinnie the $9.3 million signing bonus he seeks in exchange for adding time to the contract, which could become a six- or even seven-year deal.
* The Vikings continue to list wide receiver D'Wayne Bates as doubtful for Sunday with back spasms.
* The Vikings waived OT Matt Anderle from the practice squad Monday and re-signed DB Carey Scott.
* Of the Vikings' six opponents so far this year, only one of them (Buffalo) had a winning record.
* Former coach Jim Mora, who apparently doesn't have much else to do, absolutely blasted Randy Moss, saying that he believes the Vikings should cut him and nobody else sign him. Perhaps that would give Moss about the same prospect of NFL employment as Mora himself.
Chapman Put on I.R.
Viking Update Top Stories
Zimmer will travel, coach; location uncertainMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer will travel with his team on Saturday but says doctor’s orders are that he shouldn’t get hit.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:02 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer talks Jaguars, run game, moreMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer talks about the running game, the Jaguars defense, Adam Thielen, his coaching status and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:34 AM
Vikings starters Berger, Smith ruled outThe Minnesota Vikings could be without starting center Joe Berger and starting safety Harrison Smith on Sunday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:39 AM
Hard-core stats: Vikings vs. JaguarsA look at just how much and where Jacksonville has struggled this season and where the Minnesota Vikings might be able to take advantage.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:39 AM