From all outside appearances, Doug Chapman looked fine Tuesday at an Edina hospital. He had been taken out of intensive care and is scheduled to be released Thursday or possibly even today.
But after suffering a bout of internal bleeding and being hospitalized Monday, Chapman is out for the rest of the season.
Coach Mike Tice made the announcement Tuesday, saying the team has signed free agent offensive tackle Jon Carman, who played with Buffalo last year and, to make room on the 53-man roster, put Chapman on I.R.
The Vikings may look at adding another running back to the roster, but, for now James Wofford moves into Chapman's spot on the depth chart.
* VU is again hearing that the Vikings and the agents for Bryant McKinnie remain optimistic on a deal getting done. From what we're hearing, the Vikings may be willing to give McKinnie the $9.3 million signing bonus he seeks in exchange for adding time to the contract, which could become a six- or even seven-year deal.
* The Vikings continue to list wide receiver D'Wayne Bates as doubtful for Sunday with back spasms.
* The Vikings waived OT Matt Anderle from the practice squad Monday and re-signed DB Carey Scott.
* Of the Vikings' six opponents so far this year, only one of them (Buffalo) had a winning record.
* Former coach Jim Mora, who apparently doesn't have much else to do, absolutely blasted Randy Moss, saying that he believes the Vikings should cut him and nobody else sign him. Perhaps that would give Moss about the same prospect of NFL employment as Mora himself.
Chapman Put on I.R.
Viking Update Top Stories
Reports: Peterson nearing dealFormer Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson could find a home before the NFL draft kicks off Thursday.
Viking Update1:13 PM
Mayock on Vikings’ ‘splash’ decisionWithout a first-round pick, what does NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock expect from the Minnesota Vikings’ second-round pick?
Viking Update12:36 PM
Former Vikings tackle calls it a careerThe Minnesota Vikings didn’t have Jake Long for long last year, but the Vikings will go down as the offensive tackle’s last NFL team.
Viking Update9:54 AM
In-depth NFL draft analysis: SafetiesOne of the best safety classes in some time could see two of them chosen in the top 10 and many more in the first two days. Is it worth a shot for the Minnesota Vikings? We assess…
Viking Update7:29 AM
2017 VIKINGS DRAFT GUIDEInformation on the Minnesota Vikings' 2017 draft, from where they pick to position analysis, links to stories, mock drafts and more.
Viking Update4:35 AM