It seems like every week there is a lineup change of some kind for the Vikings. This week will be no exception, as a change comes at the critical position of left tackle.
When Lewis Kelly began wearing an immobilizing boot Monday, many thought it was a precautionary measure and, by week's end, he would be back in practice and ready to go Sunday. Guess again.
Vikings coach Mike Tice announced Thursday that Everett Lindsay will start at left tackle and that Kelly has been downgraded to questionable to even play Sunday.
With depth razor thin at LT, it is hoped that Kelly can progress far enough to be an emergency replacement, but at this point that possibility even looks remote.
* The Vikings are leaving for Tampa today instead of the typical Saturday flight to a road game. The intention is to get a workout completed in Tampa and acclimate the players to the conditions.
* Vikings contract negotiator Rob Brzezinski is making the trip with the team and the expectation is that he will get to work hard on finalizing a deal with Bryant McKinnie. With just 12 days left to sign McKinnie, tomorrow will mark the 100th day of his holdout.
* Brad Johnson has returned to practice and a Bucs source of VU's said he's convinced Brad will start against his former teammates -- broken rib and all.
* When the Vikings return home Nov. 10, Carl Eller will be honored at halftime of the Giants by induction into the Vikings Ring of Honor.
* VU would like to urge fans to continue to hit the Chunky Soup website at chunky.com and hit the Click for Cans promotion. Chunky Soup is an official NFL sponsor and is getting closer to its goal of 5 million free cans of soup to go foodshelves around the country. To date, almost 3.4 million cans have been donated in the names of the 32 NFL teams and the Vikings remain in third place with 340,000 cans of soup donated through the promotion.
Lindsay to Start
Viking Update Top Stories
Podcast: Moss returned, Zimmer refreshedViking Update publisher Tim Yotter and Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan talk about Randy Moss, Mike Zimmer, Sam Bradford vs. Teddy Bridgewater, and MVP odds.
Viking Update8:38 AM
Jones knows his role, unlike in Green BayDatone Jones never found his calling in Green Bay, making position switch after position switch. Now with the Minnesota Vikings, the former first-round pick is excited to get a…
Viking Update7:16 AM
Murray: I’m getting the ballLatavius Murray has fallen behind Minnesota Vikings rookie Dalvin Cook while the veteran recovers from surgery, but Murray is not backing away from taking a job he believes is his.
Viking Update4:03 AM
Vikings join growing trend with campThe Minnesota Vikings join a growing trend of having NFL rookies report to training camp before veterans.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:35 PM
Heinicke hoping to compete for No. 2 jobTaylor Heinicke is healthy and ready to compete for the No. 2 quarterback job for the Minnesota Vikings, but knows it won’t be easy with Case Keenum in front of him.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:48 AM