It seems like every week there is a lineup change of some kind for the Vikings. This week will be no exception, as a change comes at the critical position of left tackle.
When Lewis Kelly began wearing an immobilizing boot Monday, many thought it was a precautionary measure and, by week's end, he would be back in practice and ready to go Sunday. Guess again.
Vikings coach Mike Tice announced Thursday that Everett Lindsay will start at left tackle and that Kelly has been downgraded to questionable to even play Sunday.
With depth razor thin at LT, it is hoped that Kelly can progress far enough to be an emergency replacement, but at this point that possibility even looks remote.
* The Vikings are leaving for Tampa today instead of the typical Saturday flight to a road game. The intention is to get a workout completed in Tampa and acclimate the players to the conditions.
* Vikings contract negotiator Rob Brzezinski is making the trip with the team and the expectation is that he will get to work hard on finalizing a deal with Bryant McKinnie. With just 12 days left to sign McKinnie, tomorrow will mark the 100th day of his holdout.
* Brad Johnson has returned to practice and a Bucs source of VU's said he's convinced Brad will start against his former teammates -- broken rib and all.
* When the Vikings return home Nov. 10, Carl Eller will be honored at halftime of the Giants by induction into the Vikings Ring of Honor.
* VU would like to urge fans to continue to hit the Chunky Soup website at chunky.com and hit the Click for Cans promotion. Chunky Soup is an official NFL sponsor and is getting closer to its goal of 5 million free cans of soup to go foodshelves around the country. To date, almost 3.4 million cans have been donated in the names of the 32 NFL teams and the Vikings remain in third place with 340,000 cans of soup donated through the promotion.
Lindsay to Start
Viking Update Top Stories
Lot to like, question as Vikings work out DLThe Minnesota Vikings showed significant interest in a defensive tackle by working him out and likely wanted to get a better sense of his thinking, temperament and technique.
Viking Update1:41 PM
Ham won’t be a ‘nervous rookie’ anymoreWith Adrian Peterson and Matt Asiata still free agents, C.J. Ham knows he has a bigger opportunity in front of him after a season of listening and learning.
Viking Update9:47 AM
Is draft key to 2017 rebound?The Minnesota Vikings have plugged some holes in free agency, but will the draft be the focus of restocking the shelves? If so, what shelf gets stocked first?
Viking Update5:12 AM
Newly signed Murray has surgeryLatavius Murray, the Minnesota Vikings’ replacement for Adrian Peterson had surgery, the team announced Wednesday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:03 PM
Podcast: Free agents, Zimmer’s words and moreWe analyze what the Minnesota Vikings have done, and not done, in free agency, talk team chemistry and more.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:03 AM