McKinnie Checks In

After three months of holding out and finally signing a five-year, $13.3 million contract on Friday, left tackle Bryant McKinnie says he's ready to officially end his University of Miami career and start his Vikings journey.

Bryant McKinnie met the media again today, but the soft-spoken lineman had little to say about his holdout.

McKinnie has been working out twice a day Saturday and Sunday at Winter Park after reaching a five-year contract with the Vikings, and he worked out this morning with head coach and former offensive line coach Mike Tice.

"He's a lot more ready to play than I hoped," Tice said.

McKinnie said he had been working out once a day in Miami and that seeing his University of Miami Hurricanes doing well kept his desire to play this year alive. He also said he had occasionally referred to a notebook from minicamp and watched his left tackle position on televised Vikings games so he could evaluate the play.

"I'm ready for anything they throw at me," he said, but he also admitted that he has a lot of work to do.

As for his teammates accepting him after a three-month holdout, he said: "Everybody's cool. Everybody's going to see me work hard."

Tice said McKinnie should see 15-25 plays on Sunday at the Metrodome against the Giants.

"He will be in a position that enhances his development rather than hinders it," Tice said.

Viking Update Top Stories