GAME NOTES vs. GIANTS
1) Chris Walsh played in his 127th game, which ties him with Sammy White for fifth most by a wide receiver in team history.
2) David Dixon started his 96th game, which moves him into third place in team history among guards, surpassing Ed White's 95. Randall McDaniel (188) and Milt Sunde (113) are still ahead of Dixon.
3) Moe Williams tied a team record with his sixth consecutive game with a rushing touchdown. Bill Brown also had sixth straight games with a TD in 1968.
4) Michael Bennett's 78-yard touchdown run was the third-longest run in team history, trailing only his 85-yarder on Nov. 3 and Clinton Jones' 80-yarder in 1969.
5) Cedric James had his first career 100-yard game in kickoff returns with 115 yards on five returns.
6) Randy Moss became the first Viking to reach 6,000 yards receiving in five seasons. Moss reaches the 6,000-yard mark in his 73rd career game, which ranks third in NFL history. Lance Alworth reached 6,000 yards in 61 games and Jerry Rice did it in 71 games.
7) Michael Bennett's 167-yard rushing performance ranks seventh in team history. His 11.1-yard average ranks third for a game in team history. Tommy Mason had a 12.2-yard average in a 1963 game, and Terry Allen had an 11.7-yard average in 1992.
Record-Seekers vs. Giants
Viking Update Top Stories
Viking Update Mock Draft, Version 2The Minnesota Vikings don’t have a first-round pick, but they will be watching talent come off the board in the first round, including selections by their NFC North rivals.
Viking Update9:52 AM
Vikings decision-makers learning the offenseAs the Minnesota Vikings look to improve their offense, the decision-makers are getting more involved on that side of the ball.
Viking Update4:39 AM
Holler: Peterson's days as a Viking numberedWe will likely find out this week whether Adrian Peterson is a Minnesota Viking or not and the smart money is pointing toward "no."
Viking Update4:16 AM
Cornerbacks: Will Vikings have a need?The necessity for free-agent help at cornerback in a flooded market may have more to do with decisions made internally for the guys they already have.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:03 AM