He isn't listed on the injury report -- at least not yet -- but Moe Williams is injured. After Sunday's game, he was carrying the ball that was used to score the record seventh straight game with a touchdown and he was limping badly and wincing as he climbed two flights of steps to the press box.
The pain was so bad Monday and Tuesday that Williams had the heel X-rayed to see if there was some damage. None was found. Yesterday Moe was held out of practice. Coach Mike Tice believes it won't be lingering or serious -- Moe wasn't included on the initial injury report -- but he likely will be added later in the week.
It would be a shame to see his consecutive games with a TD streak die not because of lack of opportunity, but because of an injury.
* The Vikings have several players listed on their injury report, including WR Cedric James (ankle) as doubtful -- he won't play -- and OT Lewis Kelly (ankle) as questionable. Four players -- G Corbin Lacina (leg), WR D'Wayne Bates (back), LB Henri Crockett (hip) and TE Byron Chamberlain (knee) -- are listed as probable.
* Only two Patriots of note are on the injury report and both are listed as questionable -- guard Joe Andruzzi and safety Tebucky Jones.
* The Vikings have moved into first place in the NFL for team rushing. The Vikings are now averaging 159.5 yards a game. Surprising to many, the team is also rated No. 10 in rushing defensive, allowing just 99.5 yards a game on the ground.
* The Patriots may be the perfect opponent for the Vikings to try to use the run exclusively. They rank 27th in the league vs. the run and have surrended five 100-yard rushing games. In that group, Priest Holmes and LaDainian Tomlinson combined to rush for almost 400 yards.
* Randy Moss has been said to have lost his big-play ability, but his 14 catches of 20 yards or more is second in the league behind only Marvin Harrison of the Colts.
* Former Viking Nate Jacquet was signed by Carolina Wednesday.
Williams' Streak In Jeopardy
Viking Update Top Stories
Shurmur has his focal point for offenseMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur his “focal point” for where the offense needs to improve in 2017.
Viking Update2:38 PM
Shurmur sees critical offseason for TreadwellMinnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur believes 2017 will be a “very critical” offseason for seldom-used receiver Laquon Treadwell.
Viking Update9:29 AM
Centers and tight ends: Any Minny interest?The Minnesota Vikings may not have immediate needs at center or tight end, but free agency could get them thinking outside the organization for help.
Viking Update4:25 AM
Combine Research: Tight Ends (Part 1)Whose leg injury was so severe that amputation was considered? Who enjoys jokes about his name? And who wasn't allowed to take a white girl to prom? Those answers and more as we…
Packer ReportYesterday at 6:04 PM
VIDEO: Best fits for Adrian PetersonThe NFL Network crew discusses some less-talked-about fits for Adrian Peterson if he is not with the Minnesota Vikings, but there could be an issue with him fitting in with a much…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:25 PM