He isn't listed on the injury report -- at least not yet -- but Moe Williams is injured. After Sunday's game, he was carrying the ball that was used to score the record seventh straight game with a touchdown and he was limping badly and wincing as he climbed two flights of steps to the press box.
The pain was so bad Monday and Tuesday that Williams had the heel X-rayed to see if there was some damage. None was found. Yesterday Moe was held out of practice. Coach Mike Tice believes it won't be lingering or serious -- Moe wasn't included on the initial injury report -- but he likely will be added later in the week.
It would be a shame to see his consecutive games with a TD streak die not because of lack of opportunity, but because of an injury.
* The Vikings have several players listed on their injury report, including WR Cedric James (ankle) as doubtful -- he won't play -- and OT Lewis Kelly (ankle) as questionable. Four players -- G Corbin Lacina (leg), WR D'Wayne Bates (back), LB Henri Crockett (hip) and TE Byron Chamberlain (knee) -- are listed as probable.
* Only two Patriots of note are on the injury report and both are listed as questionable -- guard Joe Andruzzi and safety Tebucky Jones.
* The Vikings have moved into first place in the NFL for team rushing. The Vikings are now averaging 159.5 yards a game. Surprising to many, the team is also rated No. 10 in rushing defensive, allowing just 99.5 yards a game on the ground.
* The Patriots may be the perfect opponent for the Vikings to try to use the run exclusively. They rank 27th in the league vs. the run and have surrended five 100-yard rushing games. In that group, Priest Holmes and LaDainian Tomlinson combined to rush for almost 400 yards.
* Randy Moss has been said to have lost his big-play ability, but his 14 catches of 20 yards or more is second in the league behind only Marvin Harrison of the Colts.
* Former Viking Nate Jacquet was signed by Carolina Wednesday.
Williams' Streak In Jeopardy
Viking Update Top Stories
Teammates call it strange if A.P. isn’t backTeammates of Adrian Peterson acknowledge it is a possibility that he won’t return to the Minnesota Vikings in 2017, but they say it would be strange without him and talk about his…
Viking Update10:17 AM
Report: Vikings to hire RBs coachThe Minnesota Vikings have reportedly hired a running backs coach and it may be working toward filling their quarterbacks-coach position.
Viking Update8:19 AM
(Not so) happy anniversaryTuesday is a day that any longtime Vikings fan will remember with a heavy heart. In its own way, it was tantamount to a death in the family - a grim reminder that not all…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:37 PM
Zimmer: No timeline on Teddy yetMike Zimmer still doesn’t have much of a timeline on Teddy Bridgewater’s return to the Minnesota Vikings.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:23 AM