GAME NOTES vs. GREEN BAY
1) Randy Moss became the first player in NFL history to gain 1,000 yards receiving in each of his first five seasons. His 25 yards gave him a season total of 1,015. He became only the second Viking to have five 1,000-yard seasons receiving. Cris Carter holds the team record with eight 1,000-yard seasons.
2) Michael Bennett became the fifth Viking to reach 1,000 yards rushing in a season. He joins Chuck Foreman, Terry Allen, Ted Brown and Robert Smith. Bennett set a team record for becoming the first Viking to gain 1,000 yards rushing in his second season. He now has 1,114, which ranks sixth-best in team history for a season.
3) Randy Moss played in his 77th consecutive game at wide receiver, which tied him with Jake Reed for third-most in team history. Carter leads the way with 144 games, and Ahmad Rashad is second with 98.
4) Daunte Culpepper's rushing touchdown was his seventh this season, which tied his own team record.
5) Culpepper's three-year total of 19 rushing touchdowns moves him into fourth place all-time in NFL history for three consecutive seasons by a quarterback. Green Bay's Tobin Rote had 24 from 1954-56, Cleveland's Otto Graham had 20 from 1953-55, and Tennessee's Steve McNair had 20 from 1997-99.
6) Moss' three receptions gave him a career total of 390, which moved him past Sterling Sharpe's 389 and into third place for the most receptions in a player's first five NFL seasons. Marvin Harrison had 413 from 1996-2000, and Andre Rison had 394 from 1989-93.
7) Moss' 25 yards moved him past Sammy White's 6,400 career yards and into fourth place in team history, as Moss now has 6,411 yards.
8) Culpepper set a team record for most yards passing by a Vikings quarterback in his first four seasons, surpassing Fran Tarkenton's mark of 9,409 yards.
9) Culpepper's TD pass to Moss was their 26th together, which ties a team record with Warren Moon to Cris Carter for first place.
10) Greg Biekert's interception gave him four this season, which ties him with four other players for second-most by a Vikings linebacker. Jack Del Rio was the last Vikings linebacker to intercept four passes in a season (1993). The team record is five, by Rip Hawkins in 1961.
11) Moe Williams recorded his first season with 1,000 combined net yards. His previous best was 501 yards in 2001. This season, Williams has gained 1,027 total yards.
Record Seekers vs. Packers
Viking Update Top Stories
Key matchup: Former teammates face offOnly time will tell who got the better of the Sam Bradford trade to the Minnesota Vikings, but he and Carson Wentz will face each other Sunday after the trade that surprised them…
Viking Update7:06 AM
Vikings podcast: Spielman, Bradford and moreThe Minnesota Vikings are showing the fruits of some solid roster building and coaching. Their record, their stats and their depth prove it, as a talk with Rick Spielman showed.
Viking Update6:17 AM
Vikings rush offense needs to improveThe Minnesota Vikings are the lone unbeaten team in the NFL, yet they are failing at one of the typical telltale signs of a winning team - being able to control the clock with a…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:23 PM
Vikings turned 2010 postponement into partyThe 2010 Minnesota Vikings suffered through a decade's worth of twists and turns - almost all of them bad. The one exception? A really long weekend in Philadelphia, where it isn't…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:55 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer on final preps for EaglesMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer discusses some key players for Philadelphia, his defense and if Jake Long could play.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:02 PM