GAME NOTES vs. SAINTS
1) The Vikings set a team record for most rushing touchdowns in a season with 23, surpassing the previous best of 22 set in 1988.
2) The Daunte Culpepper to Randy Moss tandem set a team record with 28 touchdowns, surpassing the previous record of 26 by Warren Moon to Cris Carter.
3) David Dixon became only the third Vikings guard to start 100 games. Randall McDaniel (188) and Milt Sunde (113) are in front of Dixon.
4) Culpepper's two rushing touchdowns give him nine for the season, which is a team record for most rushing touchdowns by a QB. He is tied with Greg Landry (Detroit, 1972) for fourth place on the NFL list. Culpepper's three-year total of 21 moves him into second place all-time in NFL history for three consecutive seasons, behind Tobin Rote's 24 from 1954-56.
5) Moss' 11 receptions give him a career total of 401, which moves him past Andre Rison's 394 and into second place in a player's first five NFL seasons. Moss also moved past Sammy White's 393 and Ahmad Rashad's 400 and into fifth place in team history for career receptions.
6) Moss' career total of 401 receptions, which he achieved in his 78th game, makes him the fourth-quickest man in NFL history to reach 400.
7) Moss' 113 yards move him past Jake Reed's 6,433 career yards and into third place in team history, as Moss now has 6,524 yards.
8) Culpepper and Moe Williams' combined 19 rushing touchdowns is a team record for a duo in a season.
9) Randy Moss has now caught a pass in 78 straight games, which ties him with Rashad for fourth-most in team history.
10) Michael Bennett's 15 rushing attempts give him a total of 390, which is a team record for most in a Viking's first two seasons, surpassing Chuck Foreman's 381 from 1973-74.
Record-Seekers vs. Saints
Viking Update Top Stories
Viking Update Mock Draft, Version 2The Minnesota Vikings don’t have a first-round pick, but they will be watching talent come off the board in the first round, including selections by their NFC North rivals.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:52 AM
Vikings decision-makers learning the offenseAs the Minnesota Vikings look to improve their offense, the decision-makers are getting more involved on that side of the ball.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:39 AM
Holler: Peterson's days as a Viking numberedWe will likely find out this week whether Adrian Peterson is a Minnesota Viking or not and the smart money is pointing toward "no."
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:16 AM
Cornerbacks: Will Vikings have a need?The necessity for free-agent help at cornerback in a flooded market may have more to do with decisions made internally for the guys they already have.
Viking UpdateSunday at 7:03 AM