All week, when asked Cris Carter has downplayed his return to Minnesota. He doesn't want to stir the pot that has been on almost everyone's mind for the last couple of weeks.
But, however much he wants to dismiss the role his return to Minnesota will play, there is no arguing that Carter will have an impact today. It is likely he will receive a huge ovation from the fans that he entertained for a decade in Minnesota. But, when it comes down to it, the fans will want the Vikings to win.
If Carter scores a TD, expect to hear an ovation based more on appreciation and respect than anything else. However, if he catches a game-winning TD in the final minute, it won't be nearly as heartfelt.
* VU has been told that the agent for recently-released DT Steve Martin of the Patriots has indicated four teams have already expressed an interest. One team being floated around as one of the four is the Vikings.
* Former Viking QB Jay Fiedler has the best winning percentage of any starting QB in the NFL right now.
* Something has to give today. Miami is 1-7 in its last eight road games vs. NFC teams. However, the Vikings have lost five straight games to AFC teams.
* Ricky Williams has five straight 100-yard rushing days to his credit and a pair of 200-yard games thrown in the mix.
* The Vikings have only had two winless seasons vs. the AFC in team history -- 1984 and 1991. It should be noted that in 1991, the team played just two games vs. the AFC.
* The Vikings need just 56 rushing yards today to set a franchise record for rushing yards in a season.
* Miami coach Dave Wannstedt has a 4-10 career record vs. the Vikings.
Carter Homecoming To Be Event
Viking Update Top Stories
WATCH: Sam Bradford at OTAs, minicampSam Bradford was in charge at Minnesota Vikings organized team activities and minicamp working on the plays that will build the foundation for the 2017 season. Watch two minutes of…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:42 AM
Doleman meets the PopeFormer Minnesota Vikings defensive end Chris Doleman was one of seven Pro Football Hall of Famers to meet the Pope.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:24 AM
League shows Zim respectNFL.com released its annual preseason head coach power rankings and, while ranking the team as a middle-of-the-road squad, Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was named a top-10 coach.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:01 AM
Elflein adjusting to increased dutiesThird-round rookie Pat Elflein is finding the duties at center require more than they did in college, but he’s getting there and ready to compete for a starting job.
Viking UpdateWednesday at 8:23 AM