All week, when asked Cris Carter has downplayed his return to Minnesota. He doesn't want to stir the pot that has been on almost everyone's mind for the last couple of weeks.
But, however much he wants to dismiss the role his return to Minnesota will play, there is no arguing that Carter will have an impact today. It is likely he will receive a huge ovation from the fans that he entertained for a decade in Minnesota. But, when it comes down to it, the fans will want the Vikings to win.
If Carter scores a TD, expect to hear an ovation based more on appreciation and respect than anything else. However, if he catches a game-winning TD in the final minute, it won't be nearly as heartfelt.
* VU has been told that the agent for recently-released DT Steve Martin of the Patriots has indicated four teams have already expressed an interest. One team being floated around as one of the four is the Vikings.
* Former Viking QB Jay Fiedler has the best winning percentage of any starting QB in the NFL right now.
* Something has to give today. Miami is 1-7 in its last eight road games vs. NFC teams. However, the Vikings have lost five straight games to AFC teams.
* Ricky Williams has five straight 100-yard rushing days to his credit and a pair of 200-yard games thrown in the mix.
* The Vikings have only had two winless seasons vs. the AFC in team history -- 1984 and 1991. It should be noted that in 1991, the team played just two games vs. the AFC.
* The Vikings need just 56 rushing yards today to set a franchise record for rushing yards in a season.
* Miami coach Dave Wannstedt has a 4-10 career record vs. the Vikings.
Carter Homecoming To Be Event
Viking Update Top Stories
Holler: You think you've got pain?When it comes to painful sports losses, there's something about 'Sconny and nobody has lived out that nightmare more than the Packers. What kind of pain would you rather have?
Viking Update8:08 AM
Peterson responds to report on asking priceAdrian Peterson responded to a report about his asking price in free agency, but it’s still not clear what his asking price really is.
Viking Update7:11 AM
Vikings release 2014 3rd-round pick CrichtonAfter a lackluster three years with the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Crichton is out on the open market.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 11:10 AM
Vikings interview subject has size, potentialThe Minnesota Vikings interviewed a versatile offensive lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine that knows he needs to work on his technique but is confident in his abilities.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 9:07 AM