GAME NOTES vs. DOLPHINS
1) The attendance of 64, 285 was the third-largest crowd in team history inside the Metrodome. The largest crowd was 64,363 in 1998 vs. Jacksonville.
2) The Vikings set a team record for most rushing yards in a season with 2,353. The previous record belonged to the 1965 Vikings with 2,279 yards.
3) Moe Williams scored his 11th rushing touchdown of the season, which tied him with Bill Brown (1968) for fourth-most by a Viking.
4) Michael Bennett's 54 yards rushing move his season total to 1,214, third-best in team history. Robert Smith holds the top two spots with 1,521 in 2000 and 1,266 in 1997.
5) Daunte Culpepper's 20 completions give him 312 for the season. He becomes only the fourth Vikings quarterback to reach 300, joining Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton and Tommy Kramer. Culpepper also reached 500 attempts in a season. The last Viking to reach 500 was Moon in 1995, when he set the team record with 606 attempts.
6) Culpepper's 244 yards passing give him a career total of 10,096. He becomes the fifth Vikings QB to reach the 10,000-yard mark.
7) Randy Moss' 13-yard touchdown pass to D'Wayne Bates was the second of Moss' career. His first TD pass was to Cris Carter in 1999. Moss also reached 100 catches in a season for the first time in his career.
8) Gary Anderson's 53-yard field goal was his longest since he hit a 53-yarder against Jacksonville on Dec. 20, 1998. It tied for the second-longest FG in team history. The record is 54 yards by Jan Stenerud in 1984.
9) Culpepper's 38-yard run in the first half tied for second-longest in team history by a quarterback. Fran Tarkenton holds the record with a 52-yard touchdown run vs. Los Angeles in 1961.
10) Culpepper tied a team record with his second season of 4,000 yards of total offense. Moon also had 4,000 yards in 1995 and 1996.
Record Seekers vs. Dolphins
Viking Update Top Stories
Key matchup: Former teammates face offOnly time will tell who got the better of the Sam Bradford trade to the Minnesota Vikings, but he and Carson Wentz will face each other Sunday after the trade that surprised them…
Viking Update7:06 AM
Vikings podcast: Spielman, Bradford and moreThe Minnesota Vikings are showing the fruits of some solid roster building and coaching. Their record, their stats and their depth prove it, as a talk with Rick Spielman showed.
Viking Update6:17 AM
Vikings rush offense needs to improveThe Minnesota Vikings are the lone unbeaten team in the NFL, yet they are failing at one of the typical telltale signs of a winning team - being able to control the clock with a…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:23 PM
Vikings turned 2010 postponement into partyThe 2010 Minnesota Vikings suffered through a decade's worth of twists and turns - almost all of them bad. The one exception? A really long weekend in Philadelphia, where it isn't…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:55 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer on final preps for EaglesMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer discusses some key players for Philadelphia, his defense and if Jake Long could play.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:02 PM