GAME NOTES vs. LIONS
1) Daunte Culpepper's rushing touchdown set an NFL record for most rushing TDs (22) in a quarterback's first four seasons, surpassing Steve Grogan's 21 from 1975-78. Culpepper also tied Fran Tarkenton's team record for most rushing TDs in a career by a Vikings quarterback.
2) Culpepper became only the sixth NFL quarterback to rush 100 times in a season and gain 600 yards. He is only the fourth QB to rush for 10 touchdowns in a season, joining Bobby Douglass (Chicago, 1972), Randall Cunningham (Philadelphia, 1990), and Michael Vick (Atlanta, 2002).
3) Randy Moss' six receptions gave him a career total of 414, which is an NFL record for most receptions in a player's first five seasons. Marvin Harrison had 413 in his first five years in the NFL. Moss also surpassed Jake Reed's Vikings total of 413, which moves Moss into fourth place on the team's career list. His 106-reception total for the season ranks third in team history, behind Cris Carter's 122-catch seasons in 1994 and 1995.
4) Michael Bennett's 82 yards rushing gave him a season total of 1,296, which ranks second in team history, behind Robert Smith's 1,521-yard season in 2000.
5) Moe Williams and Daunte Culpepper tied an NFL record for most players on a team with 10 rushing touchdowns each in a season. They are the first QB-RB duo to accomplish that, as the other two tandems featured two running backs. Paul Hornung (13) and Jim Taylor (11) did it in 1960 with Green Bay, and Lydell Mitchell (11) and Don McCauley (10) did it in 1975 with Baltimore.
Record Seekers vs. Lions
Viking Update Top Stories
Cutler returns, praising Vikings defenseBears QB Jay Cutler is returning to action and expects some rust, but he has immense respect for the Minnesota Vikings defense.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:43 PM
VIDEO: Bradford breaks down offensive issuesWhile Sam Bradford has generally had an impressive start to his time with the Minnesota Vikings, that didn't translate last week. He discusses the offensive struggles against the…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 2:33 PM
VIDEO: Zimmer blasts report, talks BearsMinnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer defends his character after an erroneous report that was later corrected went viral, but Zimmer settled in to talk Bears mostly on Thursday.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:39 PM
Vikings look to turn the pageComing off their first loss of the season, the Minnesota Vikings are looking to shake the label of being soft and get back to their winning ways at Soldier Field Monday, a place…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 12:28 PM