Texans Game Preview- Vikings
Minnesota Vikings at Houston Texans
Monday, August 31st, 7:00 CST
Reliant Stadium- Kickoff Temperature: 88 degrees, 10% chance of precipitation
Five most important things for the Texans:
1. Steal the show. Everyone will be tuning in to see Brett Favre wear the purple and white. The Texans can make a statement of their own by putting forth a solid performance.
2. Stop the run. The run defense was pitiful a week ago against New Orleans, and the Texans have a much bigger challenge in Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings. If they can slow down Peterson, they can slow down anyone.
3. Protect Schaub. Last time these two teams got together, Jared Allen got into Matt Schaub's knees and it helped ruin the Texans season. Duane Brown needs to show why he's a former first-round pick this time around.
4. Pressure the passer. If Brett Favre does something special, the four-letter network will be showing it right up until the regular season opener. Keep him off the highlights and on to the field turf.
5. Cover better. The Texans secondary has underachieved in camp and it figures to be a weak spot entering the season. The Vikings don't have a great set of receivers so this is a good opportunity to gain some confidence heading into the regular season opener.
Players to keep your eyes on:
1. Connor Barwin- The Texans defensive end has recorded a sack in each of the team's first two preseason contests. Let's see if he can make it three for three.
2. Amobi Okoye- The former first-round pick has underachieved in this camp and is in jeopardy of losing his starting job to free agent acquisition Shaun Cody. Okoye can take a step forward Monday night.
3. Fred Bennett- With Jacques Reeves injured and Dunta Robinson missing in action, Bennett needs to be the leader of the secondary.
4. Dan Orlovsky- The Texans backup needs to play much better than he did last week to give the fans confidence in the team's second-string signal caller.
5. Vonta Leach- The bruising fullback is going to have quite a challenge ahead of his as he paves the way for Steve Slaton against one of the stingiest run defenses in the league.
Texans Game Preview- Vikings
Viking Update Top Stories
Munnerlyn likes Cutler’s risk-taking waysCaptain Munnerlyn likened Jay Cutler to Brett Favre, calling him a “gunslinger,” but Cutler was at his best when he conformed last year.
Viking Update7:32 AM
Did Vikings have bounty system?In a new book released recently, the claim is made that the Minnesota Vikings had a bounty system in place at the same time the Saints were eventually swept up in the Bountygate…
Viking Update7:25 AM
Fusco: O-line problems correctableAs players and coaches watched film of Sunday's loss to Philadelphia, more than a few them got an uneasy feeling. Not because the Eagles dominated them as much as it appeared, but…
Viking Update4:15 AM
Vikings sign 3 to practice squad, release 3The Minnesota Vikings shook up their practice squad on Tuesday, signing three – including an offensive lineman – and releasing three.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 1:34 PM