Texans Game Preview- Vikings
Minnesota Vikings at Houston Texans
Monday, August 31st, 7:00 CST
Reliant Stadium- Kickoff Temperature: 88 degrees, 10% chance of precipitation
Five most important things for the Texans:
1. Steal the show. Everyone will be tuning in to see Brett Favre wear the purple and white. The Texans can make a statement of their own by putting forth a solid performance.
2. Stop the run. The run defense was pitiful a week ago against New Orleans, and the Texans have a much bigger challenge in Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings. If they can slow down Peterson, they can slow down anyone.
3. Protect Schaub. Last time these two teams got together, Jared Allen got into Matt Schaub's knees and it helped ruin the Texans season. Duane Brown needs to show why he's a former first-round pick this time around.
4. Pressure the passer. If Brett Favre does something special, the four-letter network will be showing it right up until the regular season opener. Keep him off the highlights and on to the field turf.
5. Cover better. The Texans secondary has underachieved in camp and it figures to be a weak spot entering the season. The Vikings don't have a great set of receivers so this is a good opportunity to gain some confidence heading into the regular season opener.
Players to keep your eyes on:
1. Connor Barwin- The Texans defensive end has recorded a sack in each of the team's first two preseason contests. Let's see if he can make it three for three.
2. Amobi Okoye- The former first-round pick has underachieved in this camp and is in jeopardy of losing his starting job to free agent acquisition Shaun Cody. Okoye can take a step forward Monday night.
3. Fred Bennett- With Jacques Reeves injured and Dunta Robinson missing in action, Bennett needs to be the leader of the secondary.
4. Dan Orlovsky- The Texans backup needs to play much better than he did last week to give the fans confidence in the team's second-string signal caller.
5. Vonta Leach- The bruising fullback is going to have quite a challenge ahead of his as he paves the way for Steve Slaton against one of the stingiest run defenses in the league.
Texans Game Preview- Vikings
Viking Update Top Stories
Wright returned, but what’s his role?Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jarius Wright played in his first preseason game of the season, but was limited to the role of a backup.
Viking Update7:29 AM
2-Minute TeddyWith the precision of a cold-blooded assassin, Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater executed his first two-minute drill of the year and it was hard to deny the results.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 10:22 PM
Alexander dropped the ‘baby,’ made harder INTMackensie Alexander experienced an up-and-down day, getting a little too excitable on two occasions, but making a big play when needed.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 5:32 PM
VIDEO: Vikings highlights from 23-10 winWatch the highlights for both the Minnesota Vikings offense and defense, as well as the plays that hurt, in their 23-10 win over the San Diego Chargers.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 4:53 PM