Player notes and interviews from the Indianapolis:
Kyle Boller / California
- Ran at combine, but he'll throw at his Pro Day on 3/13.
- Measured in at 6'3, 234.
Byron Leftwich / Marshall
- He confirmed that back in November he actually suffered a broken left tibia, not a high ankle sprain. The reason why the actual nature of the injury wasn't revealed until now was because the team and Leftwich didn't want their opponents to know the true nature of the injury. He added he's now finally 100 percent. This is the second injury of a serious nature that he's suffered to his left leg. He suffered a stress fracture back in his junior season, according to Leftwich. We expect his draft stock to drop after this news.
- Measured in at 6'5 3/4/240.
- Didn't work out because he just is finally healthy. He'll take about six more weeks to work out on his own until his pro day on 4/7.
Rex Grossman / Florida
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'1/217.
- When asked about playing in his rookie season, he said the best thing is probably to sit but would love to play.
- Working with former NFL QB Steve DeBerg as his tutor for the draft. He's working on getting rid of the ball sooner and his footwork.
Dave Ragone / Louisville
- Measured in at 6'3 1/2, 249. He said he can play at 252.
- Will work out again at his pro day on 3/19.
Terrence Edwards / Georgia
- Told us he put on a lot of weight since the combine by drinking protein shakes and by lifting weights. He weighed in here at 176. That's up from 163 at the Senior Bowl. He also told us he would like to get up to as much as 178-180.
- Will work out at this Pro Day on 3/11.
Andre Johnson / Miami
- Johnson confirmed he measured in at 6'2/230. He told us he is "very comfortable at that weight".
- Pro Day on 3/6.
- When we asked him about what teams he talked to, he said he talked to Redskin owner Dan Snyder at length and met with all the coaches last night. He does not have an agent yet and his uncle is helping him out with that area.
- His decision to turn pro wasn't made until after their bowl game loss to Ohio State. He added he didn't think about leaving school until then because he wanted to concentrate on playing in the game.
Charles Rogers / Michigan State
- Rogers said he's working at Cris Carter's speed camp.
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'3, 202 1/2.
- Will run at his pro day on 3/18.
Bryant Johnson / Penn State
- Johnson confirmed he measured in at 6'2/214.
- Pro day on 3/20.
Kareem Kelly / USC
- Kelly confirmed he measured in at 5'11/186.
Taylor Jacobs / Florida
- Jacobs confirmed for us that he's fine and is 100 percent recovered from his Senior Bowl-week injury. He got hit on the side of his leg there.
- When asked about what positions he played at during his collegiate career, most of the time at the "X" but has played both sides and the slot.
- Interestingly, he was a good baseball player in high school and would have been drafted by the Atlanta Braves had he not chosen to play football. Amazingly, he said he threw as high as 94 mph at one point.
Brandon Lloyd / Illinois
- Lloyd said he played quarterback in high school and said it's an added extra he can give a team.
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'0/184.
- Some NFL people we talked to said if he times well, he could be drafted in the first round.
- Speaks very well and not surprisingly he said he would like to be an NFL color analyst later in life. Has already had an internship with Fox Sports TV locally.
Kevin Curtis / Utah State
- Curtis confirmed he measured in at 5'11, 187.
- Curtis confirmed for us that he talked to the Falcons so far, which makes sense because the Falcons need help at receiver.
- Curtis said he will run on Sunday and work out at his pro day on 3/6 and 3/27. Said he played in the slot and outside in college. Slot is a good position for him because he works well in space as we saw during Senior Bowl week.
LaTarence Dunbar / TCU
- Dunbar confirmed for us that he has talked to the Packers, Buccaneers, Dolphins, Texans, Cowboys, Jaguars, and Rams.
- Dunbar measured in at 5'10/196. No health problems and a clean X-ray.
Dallas Clark / Iowa
- Clark said several teams told him he's projected to be drafted as high as the second round.
- Clark confirmed that he measured in at 6'3/256.
- Though he has really come on as a pass catcher, he confirmed he has only played tight end two seasons and started his career as a linebacker.
Bennie Joppru / Michigan
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'4/272.
- Joppru didn't run here because of problems with his big toes. One is infected but should run within the next two weeks.
Jason Gesser / Washington State
- Measured at 6'005/205
- Confirmed he has met with the Bears, Buccanners, Bengals, Panthers, Patriots, Titans, and Cowboys.
- Great grandfather was the quarterback for the Packers before Bart Starr. Green Bay is his ideal situation.
Chris Simms / Texas
- Confirmed his measurements as 6'4 1/2/221.
- Simms confirmed he has talked to the Steelers, Cowboys, Cardinals, Panthers and Bears so far.
- Interestingly, he said he was always a Cowboys fan and could let that be known once his father retired from the Giants. He's also a Bill Parcells fan.
- Simms said he has a pretty good idea who will draft him but, "I'm not going to tell you guys (the media)." Our money is on Dallas for obvious reasons.
Kyle Boller / California
- Will work out at his pro day on 3/13.
- Confirmed that he has met one on one with the Giants, Saints, and Broncos. He met with several quarterback coaches (Bears, Panthers, Raiders and a few others) in a group setting.
Brian St. Pierre / Boston College
- Confirmed his measurements as 6'2 1/2/218.
- St. Pierre training in New Orleans to get ready for his workouts next month for NFL teams.
- Confirmed that he has interviewed with the Raiders, Chiefs, Panthers, Dolphins and Vikings.
Donald Lee / Mississippi
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'3/244. His pro day is 3/6.
- Lee benched 225 lbs 26 times.
Robert Johnson / Auburn
- Johnson benched 225 lbs 18 times.
- Confirmed that he has met with the Raiders and Ravens.
Aaron Walker / Florida
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'5/252.
- Walker confirmed he has talked to the Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Falcons, and Panthers.
- Walker benched 225 lbs 24 times.
Paul Arnold / Washington
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'1/213.
- Worked out in Indy and will again at his pro day.
Arnaz Battle / Notre Dame
- Has interviewed with the Ravens.
Walter Young / Illinois
- Young measured in at 6'5/214.
- Young's working on his speed with former NFL WR Don Bebee.
- Did every in Inday and will workout at his pro day on 3/12.
- Fellow teammate Eugene Wilson is the best CB he's been up against.
- Has talked to the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Bears, and the Browns.
Boss Bailey / Georgia
- Bailey confirmed for us that he didn't have quite a 50" vertical jump recently, but it was just a few inches short.
- Did a few things here. His pro day is 3/11.
- Measured in at 6'3/233.
- Bailey talked to eight teams, including the Bengals, Lions, Raiders, Falcons, Dolphins, Chiefs and Vikings.
- Has torn both ACL's -- one was in high school.
- His best position he feels is strong side.
- Bailey considers himself a true student of the game.
Mike Nattiel / Florida
- Did not run here.
- Measured in at 5'11 1/2/228
- Talked to the Chargers.
E.J. Henderson / Maryland
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'1/245.
- Did not run here but will do so at his pro day on 3/19. Had a 30" vertical jump. Hand measured 10. Hopes to run a 4.6 at his pro day.
- Has interviewed with the Eagles, Browns, Bengals, Jets, Giants, Saints, and Jaguars.
Victor Hobson / Michigan
- Measured in at 6'1/252.
- Benched 29 times at 225.
- Planned on participating in all drills here.
- Has talked to several teams, including the Packers and Vikings.
- From South Jersey. He really liked the Eagles defense growing up and said he followed their linebackers as well as the Bill linebackers (Daryl Talley and Cornelius Bennett). Will meet with the Eagles this evening.
- Hobson said he's working on improving his gap discipline and depth on pass coverage.
Bradie James / LSU
- Measured in at 6'2 3/8/242
- Has met with the Texans and the Colts and also met with them at the Senior Bowl.
- James said he has run as fast as a 4.5/40 in the past.
- James told us he would like to play WLB.
Terry Pierce / Kansas State
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'1 3/4/251.
- His preference is to play inside in the pros, but he would be fine if he had to play outside.
- Has interviewed with the Chiefs, Panthers, Steelers, and Colts.
- Big 12 All-Academic student.
Julian Battle / Tennessee
- Measured in at 6'2/206.
- Said his injured hamstring is healed and it feels great.
Drayton Florence / Tuskeegee
- Florence admitted he got kicked off the Tennessee-Chattanooga team during his sophomore season after getting into a fight with a teammate who wound up breaking his jaw.
- Has talked to the Dolphins, Browns, Jets and Bengals so far.
- His best time in the 40 was a 4.38 on grass. Will do everything here.
- Measured in at 6'0/198.
- Florence is training at Randy Moss' speed camp. We asked him if he ever ran patterns against Moss and he replied," No but I ran against him."
"Did he beat you?"
"I don't want to talk about it," Florence said.
Eugene Wilson / Illinois
- Measured in at 5'10/192.
- Wilson expects to participate in all the drills this weekend.
- Wilson said his toughest opponent was former LSU WR Josh Reed.
- Wilson said during his cybex strength test it was found that one knee was stronger than the other.
Marcus Trufant / Washington State
- Measured at 5'11/199.
- Will do everything here and at his pro day. He's currently training in at Octagon's (his agency) workout facility.
- Interviewed with the Raiders early Saturday and planned more before the weekend was over.
- Interestingly, he said the toughest player that he's faced in his career is former USC WR R.J. Soward.
- Trufant said facing Middle Tennessee State WR Tyrone Calico during Senior Bowl week was tough because he's tall. Also WR Bobby Wade from Arizona was tough because he's fast.
Andre Woolfolk / Oklahoma
- Woolfolk measured at 6'1 1/2/197.
- Woolfolk lifted 225 lbs 10 times.
- Woolfolk talked to the Browns at the Senior Bowl. He's working at IMG's (his agency) workout facility. He was told at the Senior Bowl he needs to work on his backpedal and anticipation, which he's working on currently.
- Woolfolk believes playing receiver two seasons will help him in the pros in covering the receivers.
- Graduated in December.
Ken Hamlin / Arkansas
- Hamlin measured in at 6'2/209.
- Did everything here.
- Hamlin's goal was between 18-20 reps at 225 lbs and low 4.4's/40.
- Hamlin's working with trainer Danny Arnold at Pro Athletic in Houston.
Rashean Mathis / Bethune Cookman
- Measured in at 6'1/202.
- Mathis lifted 225 lbs 22 times.
- Hopes to run a 4.35/40
Troy Polamalu / USC
- Said he wants to play at 215.
- Polamalu is still not 100% yet but about 90% (ankle and hamstring).
- Special teams coverage is a favorite of his.
- Prefers to play at SS, though one team talked to him playing at CB.
Special Thanks To: Staff writer Adam Caplan is president of the Pro Football Injury and News Report, a site specializing in year-round NFL news as well as real time injury updates during the season. It can be found at: www.footballinjuries.com.
Indy Player Interviews
Viking Update Top Stories
Sunday slant: Planning for future has risksThe Minnesota Vikings have plenty of salary-cap space, but most of that is likely to be allocated for extensions.
Viking Update7:48 AM
Youth movement?Are the Minnesota Vikings looking to get younger in a hurry? The lack of older outside veterans brought in is silently speaking volumes.
Viking Update6:49 AM
Holler: You think you've got pain?When it comes to painful sports losses, there's something about 'Sconny and nobody has lived out that nightmare more than the Packers. What kind of pain would you rather have?
Viking UpdateYesterday at 8:08 AM
Peterson responds to report on asking priceAdrian Peterson responded to a report about his asking price in free agency, but it’s still not clear what his asking price really is.
Viking UpdateYesterday at 7:11 AM
Vikings release 2014 3rd-round pick CrichtonAfter a lackluster three years with the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Crichton is out on the open market.
Viking UpdateFriday at 11:10 AM