Below is a list of the questions most frequently asked by our members. If the help below doesn’t answer your question, visit our Need Additional Help section.
- MEMBER BENEFIT INFORMATION
- MANAGE MY FORUM PROFILE
- SIGN IN & PASSWORD
- MANAGE ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- ADDITIONAL HELP
MEMBER BENEFIT INFORMATION
How can I become a member for Free?
Scout offers a Basic Membership at no cost that provides access to open stories and video content, to hotlist alerts and the ability to participate in open forums. Click here to sign up, you can upgrade to Premium Membership any time.
What are the benefits of Premium Membership?
Premium members gain access to Premium Stories and videos with the most timely and valuable content as well as the ability to read and participate in premium forums. Plus they get a 10% discount on sports, concert and other tickets, without limit. Once you become a Premium Member you can access premium content across the network of Scout Media’s 300 websites, including sports, fantasy sports, hunting, fishing, military and more!
How do I become a Scout Premium Member?
The Scout network is made up of hundreds of sites focused on sports and the outdoor lifestyle with premium stories and videos available to Premium Members. To become a Premium Member, Click here, pick your favorite team and follow the prompts!
How do I get the 10% discount on my ticket purchase?
Visit tickets.scout.com or click on the tickets link located at the top of any team page and make your purchase. If you are signed in as a Premium Member, your 10% discount will automatically be applied to your order during the checkout process.
Note: you will be prompted to sign in to your account prior to the checkout process to receive the 10% discount if you are not already signed in.
Where can I find help about my tickets purchase?
Our partner is Ticket Monster who processes our ticket transactions and whose name will appear on your credit card statement for any ticket charges. If you are a Premium Member, the commission we would normally get from Ticket Monster is returned to you as a discount that is automatically applied before you check out. You can find additional information about tickets here.
MANAGE MY FORUM PROFILE
How do I add an Avatar to my Forum Profile?
Here is the process:
- Sign in to your account.
- Access the Forums by clicking on the Forums link on the top nav.
- Click “Menu” at upper right on the page, then select “My Profile” from the drop down menu.
- Click on the “Edit Profile” link.
- Next click on the “Change” button located under your Avatar.
- You can now choose a file located on your computer or you can select an Avatar from the library.
- Click on the pencil icon located under your Avatar.
- Next click on the “Select Image” or “browse” button and upload a file from your computer.
- NOTE: it may take 10-15 minutes for your new avatar to be reflected on the site.
Classic Forum Theme:
New Forum Theme:
How do I add a Signature to my Forum Profile?
You can add or edit your forum profile signature when you are logged in:
- Access the forums by clicking the Forums link.
- Click “Menu” at upper right on the page, then “My Profile” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Edit Profile.”
- Add your Signature in the text box of the “Customize Your Posts” section, then click the “Save” button to record your changes.
How do I change my Forum Viewing Preferences?
You can change your forum view when you are logged in. Follow these instructions:
- Access the Forums by clicking the Forums link.
- Click “Menu” at upper right, then “My Profile” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Edit Profile.”
- Within the Viewing Preferences section, you’ll find drop down menu(s) to modify your view options; click the “Save” button to record your changes.
Why can't I access the Premium Forums?
If you are an active Premium (paid) Member and are unable to access the premium forums, please::
- Verify that you are signed in to your active premium online account.
- Verify that your premium membership has not expired by viewing your My Subscriptions page once you have signed in.
Note: If you are still unable to access the premium forums please contact us by clicking on the Contact link located at the bottom of the page.
SIGN IN & PASSWORD
How do I change/update my Password?
While signed in, click the “My Member Profile” link located in the drop down menu under your username.
I have already reset my password and I still can't sign in?
If you have already reset your password and you are still unable to sign in, you may need to delete your cookies and clear your cache, as the site is remembering a previously stored password.
Why can't I sign in on my mobile device?
Cookies must be enabled on your device so password-protected web pages can recognize that you have signed in with your username and password. If cookies are blocked, the site will not recognize your account, and a message will state the login attempt was unsuccessful. To enable cookies for specific devices:
- Using the Android Web Browser:
- Go to Menu > More > Settings and find "Privacy settings".
- Make sure Accept Cookies is checked or switched on.
Using Chrome for Android:
- Open Chrome.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Content settings.
- You'll find the menu icon in the top-right corner and make sure Accept Cookies is checked.
Using Safari for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
- From your Home screen, go to Settings > Safari.
- Set Block Cookies to Never (for iOS 6 and below set Accept Cookies to Always).
Using the BlackBerry Browser:
- Open the Browser.
- Push the BlackBerry button, and then select Settings.
- Tap Privacy and Security and ensure the Accept Cookies option is on.
Using Internet Explorer for Windows Phone:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Menu > Settings.
- Make sure that “Allow cookies on my phone” is checked.
MANAGE ACCOUNT INFORMATION
What Credit Cards do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
How do I update my payment information?
My Subscriptions is the way you access your account information online. It is located in the drop down menu under your username (at upper right) of each page. Once you have accessed the My Subscriptions page click on the Update payment information link.
How do I change my email address?
Sign in, and then click “Member Profile” located in the drop down menu under your username (at upper right).
Why am I receiving a blank page when I access the website?
First, try reloading the page using the browser function (click on the refresh icon). If you are still unable to view the site it may be attributed to using an older version of your web browser. To update your web browser, please click the applicable link below:
If you continue to experience problems when accessing the site, please follow the instructions to clear your cache or cookies.
How do I clear browser cookies and cache?
Cookies are files that are saved on your hard drive. They were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember useful information such as a username. If you are unable to sign in to the site, you may need to clear (also called “delete”) your cookies, after which the cookie for Scout will be automatically restored when appropriate.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section: Select, "Allow local data to be set (recommended)".
- Click "Done".
- Click the menu button and choose “Choose History”.
- Click "Clear Recent History".
- Select the items you would like to delete.
- Click “Clear Now”.
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) and click “Safety”.
- Click “Delete Browsing History”.
- Make sure to uncheck “Preserve Favorites website data” and check both “Temporary Internet Files and website files” and “Cookies and website data“ then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
- Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click "Privacy".
- Click "Details".
- Select one or more website that stores cookies, and then click Remove or Remove All.
- When you finish removing websites, click "Done".
Why am I seeing a message that my browser is no longer supported?
Scout's policy, is to fully test and support the current and immediately prior major versions of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari on a rolling basis. Each time a new version of one of these browsers is released, we begin supporting the update and stop supporting the third-oldest version. This does not necessarily mean the site won’t work for older browsers, and we carefully monitor site usage by browser version, but non-supported browsers may see some features or content not display or not work correctly.
Users of non-supported browsers such as IE8 will see a warning screen above the page they are attempting to access, including links to download sites for major browsers. To update your web browser, please click the applicable link below:
I signed up during a promotion, how is the promotion applied to my account?
If you purchased your premium membership during a promotional offer, the additional time will automatically be applied to your account.
Note: If you purchased a premium subscription during a promotional offer and were required to enter the promo code upon check out, the additional time extension will be applied to your subscription automatically, however if you forgot to enter the code or didn't receive the promotion code please contact us at 1-888-501-5752.
How do I opt in or out of Emails?
Sign in to your account and click the “My Account” link located in the drop down menu under your username (upper right). Next, click “My Email Preferences” or click here to add or remove topics for which you want to receive email.
How do I add a Player or Team to My Hotlist?
To receive email alerts on a player or new commitments to a college team:
- Open a player profile page, by navigating through Recruiting sections or clicking the player’s name within a story. Then scroll down to the middle of the page and on the left hand side click the “Add to My Hotlist” link.
- To track new recruiting commitments, go to any college team page, click “FB Recruiting” or “BB Recruiting”, then “Commits”, then look for the Hotlist “Add” link and click it.
How do I modify “My Hotlist” preferences?
While you are signed in, you can manage email alerts from your “Hotlist” by clicking “My Hotlist” located in the drop down menu under your username (upper right). Next, check or uncheck the boxes for the players or teams that you do or do not want to receive email alerts for.
How do I contact you?
The best way to reach us is from the Contact link at the bottom of this page. Be sure to provide us with a detailed description of your question or issue. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are a Premium Member please email us at email@example.com or you may contact us at 1-888-501-5752 during East Coast business hours.