The tough thing about fishing trips is the only people who get to truly witness the thrill of each catch are a couple buddies on the boat. But what about the guys who couldn’t make the trip? You can regale them with stories and photos, but that doesn’t truly convey the electricity of the moment.
Wouldn’t it be incredible if you could capture every catch, then share it in real time with friends and family? If you agree, the Garmin Virb Elite Action Camera is probably up your alley.
Need more convincing? Our Lead Product Tester—Former Navy Seal Ray “Cash” Care—took this baby out for a spin. On a tank. Yeah… he’s kind of extreme like that.
Here’s his report card:
- Top Qualities: GPS capability, WiFi-enabled, Digital Stabilization, Rechargeable lithium-ion battery; also, a compatible dive case is available for purchase.
- Favorite Feature: WiFi.
- Drawbacks: Camera mount. Initial setup was difficult.
- Specifications and Features: 1080p HD video recording with 16 megapixel CMOS image processor, 1.4" Chroma display, High-sensitivity GPS, accelerometer and barometric altimeter, Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (record up to 3 hours at 1080p) and Rugged, durable and water resistant (IPX7) with an aerodynamic design.
- Test Protocol: Mounted Garmin Elite on tank, then rolled over rugged terrain before crushing a car.
- Bottom Line: “I’ve used numerous Garmin products (GPS) in my ‘past life’ for mission-critical navigation — I set my expectations high, and they delivered. Garmin always seems to be one step ahead of the game… if you're looking for a kick-ass video camera, VIRB has answered your prayers!”
Warrior Tested Rating:
About Cash & Warrior Tested Program Image: