A blueberry / chocolate sauce on venison? Your damn right, baby! This is the one he cooked on the Food Network with Bobby Flay. See more great stuff by The Rugged Dude at www.ruggeddude.com
- Olive oil
- 1 ½ cups red wine
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup chocolate (chips are fine)
- 1 cup small diced (1/4 inch by 1/4 inch) onions
- ¼ cup pine nuts or almonds
- Salt to taste
- Start off by sweating the onions down in some olive oil on medium heat. Just translucent, don’t caramelize them.
- Add the red wine and reduce by about half.
- Then, add the blueberries and chocolate… mash about 1/3 of the berries to help them blend with the wine. Add the pine nuts near the end as you want to maintain their crunch and texture.
- Salt to taste… shouldn’t need much.
- Spread this over your venison steaks, moose or even pork tenderloin that you bought from the store.
“Pound ‘er down!”
For rugged tips, tricks, and recipes visit RD at RuggedDude.com!
You can also find him on social media!
Author Bio: RD Carson - The "Rugged Dude" is a Canadian television personality and award winning writer. He lives a very self-sufficient lifestyle and most of what he eats comes from the land. And yes, "Rugged Dude" is his legal name. Visit his new website RuggedDude.com!
To begin planning your next Canadian adventure, visit our Adventure Match to find the perfect lodge to suit your personal fishing or hunting preferences.
More stories from the Scout network you might enjoy:
Having trouble planning your next adventure? We're here to help!
Feature Article: Waking Up The Northern Ontario Neighborhood!
Are you an avid Canadian hunter or angler? Join the Fishulo team!