When you’re out in extreme elements and hunting in the nastiest terrain known to man, the last thing you want to want to worry about is wet feet.
Bushnell is a top authority on outdoor footwear that survive any test and pass with flying colors. But as a former Navy SEAL, I wanted to see if these Bucktales would, in fact, perform as advertised. Would my feet be dry during a duck hunt, which included standing and walking for long periods of time in a foot of water?
I conducted my typically punishing test (seen in the video above), and I can honestly recommend these boots for pursuing ducks, deer or anything that walks, crawls or flies on good ol’ Mother Earth. If you want to keep your feet dry in the nastiest conditions, check out Bushnell boots.
- Top Qualities: Waterproof as all hell! True to fit—meaning you can safely order these in your regular shoe size. Traction is truly topnotch, and the pricing is very reasonable.
- Favorite Feature: Bushnell’s Heat Zone Removable Insole System, which allows for the insertion of a heat pack to keep your feet toasty during winter’s most brutal conditions.
- Least-Favorite Feature: Nothing; there’s virtually nothing I dislike about these boots.
- Specifications And Features: EVA midsole engineered for extra impact resistance; 100 percent waterproof (genuinely!); dual-density heel-cushioning system for layers of warmth; Realtree AP Jersey fabric for built-in comfort; anti-slip rubber sole plate to keep you grounded; ScentMask odor elimination.
- Test Protocol: Navy SEAL living in water! To me, muck means waterproof, so why the hell NOT test these boots out by walking and wading in water that’s 1-foot deep—for extended periods of time? I also weighed down the boots in a controlled environment and left them overnight to see if any water would seep in over time. No dice—the boot interiors stayed completely dry.
- Skill-Level Recommendation:From beginners all the way up to diehard duck, deer and turkey hunters.
- Bottom Line: Bushnell has made a very solid waterproof platform that stands up to the tests that both Mother Nature and a SEAL can throw its way. Damn you, Bushnell, for passing my tests—but I’ll be back!
Warrior Tested Rating
To learn more about Cash and the Warrior Tested program, click here.