Are you looking for a tough tactical boot to use in the field or at the shooting range? Then check out the 8-inch Taclite Coyote Boot from 5.11.
Whether you’re an Elite Special Forces operator or an avid outdoorsman, you need the proper footwear to get the job done. It doesn’t matter if you’re pursuing bad guys in far-away lands or bushwhacking a path that could lead you to new hunting hotspot, 5.11 has got you covered.
- Specifications: 1200D Cordura nylon with tan suede uppers; breathable air mesh panels (excels in hot and humid conditions); deep flex grooves for flexibility; compression-molded CMEVA midsole; composite shank; TPU external ankle stabilizer; multi-directional traction lugs; integrated side vents; perforated EVA foam padding at the ankle; OrthoLite sock liner; oil-resistant silent outsole; fast rope tread, which clings to most surface structures with great lugs for traction.
- Test Protocol: This one was a doozy: I designed an obstacle course that comprised of the following: shooting pistols, driving a tank (yes, a real tank!), and running/jumping from hood to hood on World War II vehicles. My goal was to put the 5.11 Taclite Coyote Boot through extreme scenarios without any break-in period.
- Top Qualities: True to fit, meaning a size 10 is really a 10; lightweight; effective ankle stabilizers; great traction and durable soles enabling you to conquer any type of harsh environment.
- Favorite Feature: Ankle stabilizers—I believe strongly that you can never have too much ankle support. Take it from a guy with a steel plate in his leg and ankle.
- Least-Favorite Feature: Nothing. All in all, I was impressed with the Taclite and have no complaints.
- Skill-Level Recommendation: Designating a skill level is vital because you want the product to match the audience. With that being said, the 5.11 Taclite is designed for anyone from beginner to expert. Understanding the features of a gear item—in this case a boot—is a must to help you perform in the field; if you know what a product is capable of and what it was designed for, you’ll have Mission Success.
- Bottomline: Head to toe, 5.11 as a company has done its homework, whether it’s designing gear for tactical or everyday use. Flat out, 5.11 delivers. When I was a firearms instructor years ago, it’s all I wore. And the same was true of the other instructors. I was very pleased with 5.11 gear then, and this 8-inch Taclite Coyote Boot continues 5.11’s commitment to quality.
Warrior Tested Rating
To learn more about Cash and the Warrior Tested program, click here.