Here's how a raccoon made life miserable for almost 40,000 people in Seattle

The culprit was said to wear a mask!

A masked bandit of a different sort was responsible for knocking out power to almost 40,000 people in Seattle.

According to news reports, a raccoon got electrocuted when it walked into a Seattle City Light substation early Wednesday morning.

The resulting shock was enough to throw out power over a wide area and leave almost 40,000 people in the dark.

Power was restored early Thursday.

Plans for the coon's burial were not released.