The bride wore white…
The groom got bit by a rattlesnake.
Following their wedding ceremony on Monday afternoon, Laura Loretz and Johnny Benson of Fort Collins, Colorado journeyed to Horsetooth Reservoir to take some pictures before heading to their reception.
It was there that the newlywed Mr. Benson was struck by a rattler.
Benson told the Denver Post, “All of a sudden it was like someone kicked me in the shin. I looked over and saw the snake sitting there, and it was rattling.”
A park ranger was called and after administrating some quick on the spot first aid, helped in transporting Benson to the ER.
Fortunately the bite proved to be dry and no venom was injected.
Benson was checked out, given a clean bill of health, and he and Laura made their way to their reception.
Photos by Maddie Mae