Nothing beats this recipe for ease and great taste!
Try it and you'll agree!
• 1 lb. venison – tenderloin or backstrap is preferred
• 6 jalapeno peppers
• 1/2 package of bacon (cut slices of bacon in half)
• Cream cheese
• 1 onion (sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
• Italian dressing
1. Soak toothpicks in water
2. Cut venison into 1 inch chunks
3. Remove seed from the jalapenos and cut into small slices or 1/2 inch chunks. Omit if you don’t like spice.
4. Cut onions into 1/2 inch flakes
5. On a cutting board layout the 1/2 strips of bacon in a line. Assemble jalapeno, venison, onion, and a swipe of cream cheese in a tower formation placed in center of the bacon strip. Swiping the cream cheese onto the onion slice is what I have found to be the easiest.
6. Wrap bacon around the stack and stick with a toothpick through the middle to hold contents together.
7. Place the bites in a bowl or tupperware container and marinade with Italian dressing for 2-24 hours.
8. Grill on medium heat and cook until bacon is done.