He has been charged with tampering with a sporting contest and his trial is set for August 2014. We'll update this story if we learn of any more details. His Facebook page has apparently been removed recently, likely due to public outcry from local anglers on his page.
One thing's for sure, Alabama folks don't play around with cheaters in bass fishing tournaments. First the Guntersville cheaters were arrested a couple months ago, and now this guy on Logan Martin has been filmed and arrested.
We'll never understand why someone would risk losing their fishing privileges and being publicly ostricized for a few hundred bucks in a jackpot tournament. But we're glad that anglers report suspicious behavior and these guys get caught.
Other articles related to cheating in fishing tournaments:
- Two Charged with Tampering with Sport Contest on Guntersville
- Cheater Caught at BFL on Wylie Lake in 2012
- Fishing Tournament Cheat Contraption?
- Minnesota Angler Gets Week In Jail for Cheating
- Hart Pleads to Misdemeanor Charge of Cheating in WON BASS Event