Since the beginning of the year, each month the mailman brings me a new Lucky Tackle Box. It started as a bit of a novelty as I get to see most new stuff in my job here at Wired2Fish early on in their development.
My preconceived notions were the LTB would be off-the-wall items, some from companies I had never heard about and bargain bin items companies were wanting to get rid of. Boy was I wrong.
Month after month, the boxes continue to get better and with the custom videos provided you get great tutorials for the baits in the box.
This month was the best box to date and there wasn’t a single thing that I would not use. No off the wall brands, no junky jointed whatchamacallits; rather products that I will add to my arsenal.
This month in the XL bass box I got the following:
- 1 Storm Arashi Square 3 in crappie pattern
- 1 BIWAA S'Trout 5.5 in rainbow trout
- 1 LIVETARGET Frog Popper in tan/brown frog pattern
- 1 Package of Mustad Size 4 Beak Hooks perfect for drop shotting or live bait
- 1 Package of Mizmo Finesse Worms
- 1 Package of Luck-E-Strike Shakey Tail Ring Worms
- 1 Package of Castaic 5-inch Jerky J Shads great with a lead head of fished weightless.
Also in the box is a tutorial card that outlines each bait, rigging and techniques that work with that particular bait. I also got a LTB sticker and an ICAST mini-magazine that outlines some of the new baits announced at the recent ICAST show.
The Lucky Tackle Box has stepped it up in a big way and I can think of no better gift for the angler than a subscription.