Here's your one stop video for minimizing backlashes while skipping jigs deep under docks. This video is all about tackling docks with heavy casting equipment and big jigs (see equipment listing). Elite Series pro Seth Feider has proven his prowess with smallmouth on the Elite Series tour but is equally at home targeting largemouth around manmade cover. As Seth explains, docks are often the only and best available cover in the fall, as grass typically dies off. Fish heading into the winter months are on a feeding binge, so big jigs are dominant but it takes the right equipment and technique to skip deep underneath overhead cover. Seth lays out the rod, reel, line and jig style to maximize skipping, and puts his system to good use at the 3 minute mark on bunch of bass.
- Daiwa Zillion TWS Casting Reel, fast 7.3:1 (he explains as key for anti-backlashing characteristics)
- Daiwa Steez SVF, or your preferred heavy power fast action rod 7' to 7'6''
- Outkast Juice Jig, (ideal head design for skipping)
- Big Bite Baits Swimming Craw
- 20lb Fluorocarbon (Sufix Invisiline Castable Fluorocarbon)