The umbrella rig or Alabama Rig (A-Rig) is well established as a dominant cold water presentation in the south, but we’ve found it’s largely underutilized in the north county. This video is full of fish catches and umbrella rig underwaters that should motivate you to tie one on and start fishing them. Wired2Fish Video Producer Ryan DeChaine tunes up some largemouth and smallmouth bass, but with some tweaks for northern clear waters. He discusses location, boat control, tackle tweaks, and how to fish the rig when bass are located off the outer edge of grasslines during the fall months, but there’s several takeaways for all seasons.
- Minn Kota Ultrex Trolling Motor, 36V 112 pounds 52-inch
- Humminbird Helix-12, Model No. 410030-1
- Humminbird LakeMaster Plus Digital Chart
- Megabass Spark Shad Swimbait, 4-inch Albino
- VMC Boxer Jig Head 1/4 ounce (target hook)
- Yum Umbrella Flash Mob Jr.
- Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon Line, 20 pound
- Megabass Levante Leviathan (mistakenly called Levante Launcher in video)
- Daiwa Tatutla Type-HD 200, 7.3:1